Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Chan promoted to Black Belt & 6 new Brown Belts @ RGA

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post

There are some BJJ players in the UK that certainly dont deserve there grades.........

Got to be honest though, BJJ is getting watered down compared to years ago!
    lol listen to the expert. Why do you think it is watered down?

Just because there are more purples and browns around?

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    lol listen to the expert. Why do you think it is watered down?

Just because there are more purples and browns around?
    No not at all , because Ive heard something today that not many people will have heard!....If you had of heard it you would agree....trust me.

Warley Rugby club Tat bank rd oldbury Birmingham B69 4NH

lol Kevin Webb is one of the instructors

Would be worth having him for a seminar mate! Nogi or gi!
    I asked Rob "G" the other week if HE would like to do a workshop, He said he would ask Braulio I had a pm back saying Braulio dident think it was a good idea I can only surmise that because Braulio was not making any money out if it he did not want his students teaching? I can see no other reason? we have always had a good relationship with GB.
    Last edited by D-TEC; 04-02-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: WRONG ROB

No not at all , because Ive heard something today that not many people will have heard!....If you had of heard it you would agree....trust me.
    oooo gossip pm me it then

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by D-TEC View Post
    I asked Rob T the other week if HE would like to do a workshop, He said he would ask Braulio I had a pm back saying Braulio dident think it was a good idea I can only surmise that because Braulio was not making any money out if it he did not want his students teaching? I can see no other reason? we have always had a good relationship with GB.
    maybe its because your De La Riva?

politics

yeez.. How about just giving Kevin Chan props.. Any one who gets a black belt in bjj is someone to look up to. Its a hard road.. Esp under Roger, Mauricio.

Dtec, Steve,
    YOu are not the only ones to have problems with bjj instructors.. Same like people having trouble with boxing coaches etc.. Not very cool to spout this on a topic of someone geting a bjj black belt imho.. Just give kevin chin some props.

Note i am not Gracie barra, i dont even know this dude.. But take it somewhere else

a bjj fan
    Insert whiny message

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    yeez.. How about just giving Kevin Chan props.. Any one who gets a black belt in bjj is someone to look up to. Its a hard road.. Esp under Roger, Mauricio.

Dtec, Steve,
    YOu are not the only ones to have problems with bjj instructors.. Same like people having trouble with boxing coaches etc.. Not very cool to spout this on a topic of someone geting a bjj black belt imho.. Just give kevin chin some props.

Note i am not Gracie barra, i dont even know this dude.. But take it somewhere else

a bjj fan

well done Kevin Chan.........

Warley Rugby club Tat bank rd oldbury Birmingham B69 4NH

maybe its because your De La Riva?

politics
    I doubt it mate we opened our doors to GB and all other teams when De La Riva was at my academy so??? + I asked for NOGI so no politics

Quite right Duchman Well done kevin chan! lets take it to PM steve b4 the pajama party have a cow lol
    Last edited by D-TEC; 04-02-2008 at 11:57 PM.

There are some BJJ players in the UK that certainly dont deserve there grades.........

Got to be honest though, BJJ is getting watered down compared to years ago!

Kevin Webb of Gracie Barra Birmingham is still a purple belt! He is one of the best people ive ever trained with!
    Kevin Webb is very good for sure, i think he may be injured at the moment(?) hope it clears up if so and we see him competing again soon. I would say he, Luciano and Mike Russell spring to mind as the best UK based purples at the moment but there are plenty who could be mentioned.

In general i think the quality control on British Black, Brown and Purple belts is pretty good, you can see a fairly definitive list here: http://www.efnsports.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

I think i know the certain player you are referring to but it is unnecessary to mention it on this thread - if you feel that strongly about it, perhaps you could take it up with the black belt in question?

Where's video of him being flogged by other students?
    Conveniently for them, Black Belts don't get belt whippings.

Well PM me and tell me then