Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL Newport 15th March

I think the match up is pretty harsh really...

Josh Ramage, Kevin Knight and Martin Evans are all amatures... both been training between 18 months and two years. Raj is a wrestling coach for Trojan / Hill Tribes and has been training for a very long time, I would question that match making.

However Josh Ramage and Kevin Knight are both very, very good fighters. I think Kevin and Martin will lose to Raj's wrestling, however I think Josh will be able to keep it on the feet and knock Raj out. I would say Kevin vs Raj is Raj winning, Martin vs Josh is Josh winning... Josh vs Raj is Josh winning by TKO...

However i still have big questions (as do many others) in regards to the match making... but there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    I think the match up is pretty harsh really...

Josh Ramage, Kevin Knight and Martin Evans are all amatures... both been training between 18 months and two years. Raj is a wrestling coach for Trojan / Hill Tribes and has been training for a very long time, I would question that match making.

However Josh Ramage and Kevin Knight are both very, very good fighters. I think Kevin and Martin will lose to Raj's wrestling, however I think Josh will be able to keep it on the feet and knock Raj out. I would say Kevin vs Raj is Raj winning, Martin vs Josh is Josh winning... Josh vs Raj is Josh winning by TKO...

However i still have big questions (as do many others) in regards to the match making... but there we go.
    it's the competitors choice to fight matey.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    it's the competitors choice to fight matey.
    Plus, despite the length of time training, they all have prettyequal experience in competing, which is a more important factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Femme-ma View Post
    Plus, despite the length of time training, they all have prettyequal experience in competing, which is a more important factor.
    I agree totally.

Well it is not me who has to live with the eventuallity that someone gets seriously hurt because they were miss-matched. Just my opinion anyway... everyone is entitled

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    Well it is not me who has to live with the eventuallity that someone gets seriously hurt because they were miss-matched. Just my opinion anyway... everyone is entitled
    Its an amataur show with a good safety record. No one will get hurt. its not as if Raj a big roid freak with his sights set on killing his opponents. All fighters in the tourny agreed to fight, they know how good Raj is and they will go into the tourny confident that they can come out with a belt. No missmatches, all fighters have done well in previous AFL's and have established them selves as number one contenders!

I think maybe Aplin is bitter because both his losses are to fighters who are entering the tourny and he is gutted that he's not good enough to be included.

Whatever dick head. I am not bitter at all, they are all great guys, all very skilled and I believe all have a good future. I just think that when you have people like Paul Reed, Stapes, etc saying 'I have sparred Raj, he is good' you need to stop and think... why is this guy sparring with people of such high calibour, when Josh, Martin and Kevin are learning / being taught by people like this...

I have asked to rematch both Kevin and Martin, and I would like to fight Raj when I get back from Thailand next year. Although you try and piss me off Ricky because you're an ass kisser to certain people, I know on the day I wasn't good enough to beat either, which is why I am doing something about it and going to train full time in Thailand. I am glad I lost to both because it taught me something, it taught me I need to train seriously and that is what I'm going to do from now on.

I look forward to coming back in one years time and making you eat your words Ricky... now, go train and how about instead of critisizing people you get in the cage and actually fight? I'm back in January if you loose enough weight (stop drinking / eating shit) and it shouldn't be a problem for you seeing as 'I'm not good enough' for people in the AFL

I'll even follow your dodgy match making and fight you at 70KG seeing as your 'slimming world' diet is going so well... so there's your motivation I hate 'calling people out' on forums, but your such a cocky critic that I feel I need to because otherwise you think you have a higher status which is not the case. I don't care if someone has lost 20 fights and tells me I suck, but I do care about someone having had no fights and telling me I'm not good enough... So step up Ricky...

MMA Alien:
    well training in MMA and Muay Thai is fun, but i cant wait to get in the ring/cage and have my own fights and kick some ass, being such a short ass as i am and weighing so much its very hard trying to find myself an opponent to beat up!
    You got one
    Last edited by Nak-Muay; 09-03-2008 at 11:33 PM.

P.S. I appologise for bring this into the AFL thread, will continue this by PM with Ricky directly.

I hope the show goes well, my experiences with The AFL have been relatively positive. Obviously this time round I feel I was mis-matched against a guy much bigger than myself. However my last two fights have been pretty fair and I was treated well when I arrived. In terms of fans it is a very well put on show enjoyable to all and with high production quality. I wish Mike Swanbo all the best with the show and hope all the fighters have a good night in Newport.