Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 140

Thread: AFL Newport 15th March

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Aplin you seem like a nice guy but u dont talk much sense sometimes.

    I Train with professionals fighters almost everyday. Been training for almost 5 years but only ever competed MMA at a amateur level.

    Does that mean that when i want to fight again i should jump straight into pro?

    But the funny thing is alot of people would say yes and thats whats wrong with UK MMA
    be carefull he might offer you out next!

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAlien View Post
    be carefull he might offer you out next!
    I dont care. Im nails
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

  3. #43
    Senior Member wagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Rhondda Valley, South wales
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Aplin you seem like a nice guy but u dont talk much sense sometimes.

    I Train with professionals fighters almost everyday. Been training for almost 5 years but only ever competed MMA at a amateur level.

    Does that mean that when i want to fight again i should jump straight into pro?

    But the funny thing is alot of people would say yes and thats whats wrong with UK MMA
    I agree again! I'm pretty much the same, trained for a few years here and there. With Mike Swambos Hilltribes (AFL founder) for a while, SSJJ, Muay thai and BJJ. Fought in gi (recently) and no gi and amateur mma and thats it due to work and family commitments I can't spend the time to dedicate to fight pro rules so what do I do sit on my arse just encase someone (like Aplin) doesn't think it's right.

    by the way I am also nails (no really I am)

  4. #44
    Sam@Hilltribes
    Guest

    Default

    you're not nails Neil - you're a big girl!

    Aplin - poor show offering someone out on a forum mate, thought you had a bit more class than that

    As for Raj, yes he's damn good, but only because he's had good coaching, good training partners and works his ass off. He's an amateur fighter at the end of the day (he only has 2 fights ffs) and, in my opinion, any of the guys he's potentially fighting can beat him - none of them are chumps by any stretch of the imagination.

    I know where my money i going to be though!

    continuing with the AFL theme though, how good is Nick Mcfadden vs Stuart Tyrie going to be??? seriously looking forward to that one.

  5. #45

    Default

    Aplin - poor show offering someone out on a forum mate, thought you had a bit more class than that
    Nahhhh, I just don't appriciate being told 'Im not good enough' by someone who doesn't fight, never had a fight and says stupid things on the Internet like 'It is hard for me to get a fight' when there are so many threads asking for fighters. Not to mention the jibes I have recieved from Ricky over since my first fight in April, I generally just don't like the guy and I have always been told one of my biggest down falls in the cage is I'm too nice, I don't show aggression... So maybe fighting someone I don't like can help me out a bit.

    Just as an update Ricky accepted the match, so I look forward to it. Granted it won't be until January / February when I get back from Thailand, however I look forward to testing my Muay Thai skills I pick up on Rickys face. As I said before, I feel Ricky hides behind his notepad and ass kisses his way into promotions, so it is good that he is proving me wrong by stepping up... Fair play to him and I won't say another bad word against him up until we fight... last night I went a little over the line by swearing at him and going OTT on the abuse, however I felt a bit let down that he insulted my abilities and called me bitter.

    Look forward to punching you in the face Ricky Start training... lose some weight and lets put on a good show

    Aplin you seem like a nice guy but u dont talk much sense sometimes.

    I Train with professionals fighters almost everyday. Been training for almost 5 years but only ever competed MMA at a amateur level.

    Does that mean that when i want to fight again i should jump straight into pro?

    But the funny thing is alot of people would say yes and thats whats wrong with UK MMA
    I understand what you are saying and I am not saying Raj should fight pro at all. What I am saying is more emphasis should be on 'match making', I recently competed at Fahred Ali's show in Sheffield and EVERY match has been carefully set up be experience, weight, time training, etc. The same thing goes for Quannom (sp) type shows, they are all about fighting based on level, rather than fight experience. Fight experience is just one part of the puzzle...

    However it seems that in Amature MMA TOO OFTEN it is set upon how many MMA fights someone has had. For example is it fair someone who has trained MMA for 12 months fights someone who has kickboxed 9 years? Even if both have only had 1 MMA fight each for example. I would say no because they are likely to have their head kicked off, however it happens...

    Again though, just my opinion and I am not a promotor, just a fan. I see amature MMA as a learning process and I think to learn people need to fight without the risk of getting hurt or put in matches against someone they are expected to lose against. However I can see your points about if they wanna fight let them fight... just sometimes fighters need protecting against themselves... :P

  6. #46

    Default

    matchmaking at the bottom end of the scale is notoriously tricky if you want to do it correct, as fighters have no form. A quick KO makes the matchmaker look bad if it is very one sided.

    Yet an ineffective clash of styles send people to sleep. Without form, comments from others in the scene or indication on how fighters will react in a fight or flight atmosphere....it is hard to matchmake.

  7. #47

    Default

    matchmaking at the bottom end of the scale is notoriously tricky if you want to do it correct, as fighters have no form. A quick KO makes the matchmaker look bad if it is very one sided.

    Yet an ineffective clash of styles send people to sleep. Without form, comments from others in the scene or indication on how fighters will react in a fight or flight atmosphere....it is hard to matchmake.
    Certainly, which is why I have so much respect for people like Fahred Ali (KBidiot) and Quannum, you look at those matches and they are ALL brilliantly set up. Kainer2 I can't comment on CW as I havn't seen your ammature fights. Anyway, we shall see what happens... as I have said, I think Josh Ramage will supprise a lot of people and take this one. But I think the plan was to have Raj destroy the lot of them and take the title... which is wrong. Again, opinions though and mine may well be wrong. I appologise for being baited... I dislike petty forum arguments, esspecially when it spoils a thread. However I am glad I've got a match I've wanted for ages

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    I dont care. Im nails
    he is actually nails, fucking sandbagger
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

  9. #49

    Default

    even at the entry level pro scene...you suffer from the same issues

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    I think the match up is pretty harsh really...

    Josh Ramage, Kevin Knight and Martin Evans are all amatures... both been training between 18 months and two years. Raj is a wrestling coach for Trojan / Hill Tribes and has been training for a very long time, I would question that match making.

    However Josh Ramage and Kevin Knight are both very, very good fighters. I think Kevin and Martin will lose to Raj's wrestling, however I think Josh will be able to keep it on the feet and knock Raj out. I would say Kevin vs Raj is Raj winning, Martin vs Josh is Josh winning... Josh vs Raj is Josh winning by TKO...

    However i still have big questions (as do many others) in regards to the match making... but there we go.
    Aplin you are wrong. Raj is not the Wrestling coach at Trojan,Saeed Esmaili is the wrestling coach, and Raj assists him when he cannot teach.

    In the order of things, at Trojan Raj is just the same as all the other fighters who come to learn, he is just someone who is training with a view to going pro.

    His prominence in the team is because he has done a lot to develop an amateur element to the Trojan package and does a lot of behind the scenes stuff to support the team. But in terms of instructing staff, he has never taught the team and merely seeks to develop his skills like the other fighters. Also why have you stated that the three guys matched in the tourney against Raj are Amateurs? Are you not aware that Raj has never fought pro, and if you are then why do you mention it? The matching is fair and I think the fights will be exciting.
    Duchman is a plain good guy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.