Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Uk Mma News

  1. #81
    steve_langford
    Guest

    Default

    very sad new's

    good luck with whatever you do

    ...........but why?????

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGS1 View Post
    Understand fully where Hywel is coming from on the forum thing - I've been scooped by internet forums on news and sports stories and it's so frustrating when you either had an agreement with a contact or just an understanding that you'd be the first to get the story.

    But the internet, forums and blogging especially, has made it possible for almost anyone to get in on the journalism act and if anything it just means you've got to work that little bit harder at cultivating relationships with contacts - in this instance fighters.
    But this is a news site and was here long befor a lot of the other News sites, and what is someone ment to do when he wants to tell the world something that he needs to get out now? he cant wait a couple of months untill a magazine comes out, THE INTERNET GETS NEWS OUT SO MUCH QUICKER, and to be honest i only ever pick a magazine up when im on the train or on the shit house or its on the table at the dentist. That is except MMA publications which i have every month but not everyone does. So there for we are like the 10 o'clock news of MMA, its updated everyday.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

  3. #83

    Default

    I imagine Hywel is probably just saying that he would have liked to publish the news first on the Fighters Only website, as all good MMA journalism media outlets would have wished.

    Everyone wants to bring the news first, else they wouldn't be very good at what they do.

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGS1 View Post
    I imagine Hywel is probably just saying that he would have liked to publish the news first on the Fighters Only website, as all good MMA journalism media outlets would have wished.

    Everyone wants to bring the news first, else they wouldn't be very good at what they do.
    What's in it for Paul, though? Real newspapers often pay for exclusives.

    At least him posting it gives him a measure of control regarding the information he does and doesn't want reported, and the validity of that information.
    There are no martyrs if you kill enough of them.

  5. #85
    Jaded Insider
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    none of your fucking business
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    paul did what he thought was the best thing to do - I respect that, at least his words didn't get twisted. I am sure he thought long and hard about it and I for one am more gutted as a fan that he stepped down, I am not bothered in the least about how he did it or why he didn't go to a journo about it. his interests are directed towards himself - he has things he needs to sort, so be it. good luck Paul...

  6. #86

    Default

    Maybe he has found God and needs to re-evaluate his path in martial arts.
    All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

  7. #87
    Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In constant pain and regret
    Posts
    7,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Maybe he has found God and needs to re-evaluate his path in martial arts.
    Like James Zikic did?

  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGS1 View Post
    ...the internet, forums and blogging especially, has made it possible for almost anyone to get in on the journalism act and if anything it just means you've got to work that little bit harder at cultivating relationships with contacts - in this instance fighters.
    Agreed.

    Also, in this case, the most interesting part of the story i.e. the reason behind Daley's retirement, is still waiting to be told. That scoop is still out there.

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger_ross View Post
    Agreed.

    Also, in this case, the most interesting part of the story i.e. the reason behind Daley's retirement, is still waiting to be told. That scoop is still out there.
    Really good point right there.

    I'm sure he'll want to give his reasons to a publication somewhere down the line. I cant see him out for too long anyway so maybe when he comes back into the fight game, a good mag like FIghters Only will do a piece on him, as like myself there are a few fans who are interested in finding out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.