Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Combat Sports Open Trials

Where abouts is G & S based exactly? Is it same rules as Combat Sports? May be worth paying a visit, bash up some Welsh guys, hehe!
    Last edited by Luke; 19-05-2008 at 12:03 AM.

http://www.grappleandstrikewales.com/
    ^here's the website.

It's basically the same rules except there's some slight variations to the neck crank rule and no jumping into the guillotine.
    It was also fought in a ring instead of just on mats, which made it an interesting experience!

good day.

it was good to meet you Luck

How did your lads do in the event Luke? Look forward to rolling with you guys again over the summer.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Inchbyinch View Post
    How did your lads do in the event Luke? Look forward to rolling with you guys again over the summer.
    Not too bad. I got a Win via triangle, but got subbed to the other guy I fought by guillotine from guard. Well gutted as I did have a triangle on him at the start.

Simon got a win (via Armbar) and a loss (footlock), Jon got a draw and a loss (footlock to the same guy who fought Jon). Hopefully the videos should be up on youtube at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Not too bad. I got a Win via triangle, but got subbed to the other guy I fought by guillotine from guard. Well gutted as I did have a triangle on him at the start.

Simon got a win (via Armbar) and a loss (footlock), Jon got a draw and a loss (footlock to the same guy who fought Jon). Hopefully the videos should be up on youtube at some point!
    Sounds like you guys had a good time regardless. Leglocks can be a bastard if you don't drill them.....at least you didn't get twistered...hehe!
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Inchbyinch View Post
    Sounds like you guys had a good time regardless. Leglocks can be a bastard if you don't drill them.....at least you didn't get twistered...hehe!
    Haha! Indeed... I was happy with my performance though, I felt a lot more confident this time round, committed a lot more with strikes and leg kicks and stuck to the game plan. Good time and certainly a learning experience! You'll have to come down with us next time!

Just got an email from MMA Universe...
    No plans to release a DVD at the moment.

Well that's poo..
    I wanted to see my ass kicking