Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Combat Sports Open Trials

I asked at the third leg if they were going to release any of the footage and was told no, I don't get it, why film it at all. Loved the highlight though dude.
    Page

"Bearing down upon a path we chose
    Chosen from the start to live different rules"

Rob Flynn

I participated in the last leg of the trials last year and found the event to be the best run 'local' martial arts event that I have ever been to. Everything ran like clockwork all day. Coming from a karate background, i expected to be hanging around for hours waiting to compete...!

I would strongly recommend it to anyone interested in having a go at amateur MMA
    Sports Massage Therapist @ www.nottingham-massage.com. Available at Bushido MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crazy88 View Post
    yep me too. I made a highlight reel from the 3rd leg last year myself because I knew that the dvd would never emerge. Why do they bother filming it?
    Yeah man, appreciate that you even caught both of my fights too. Dunno about getting down to that 70.5kg limit though, christ... especially when you have a craving for chinese! BBQ spare ribs, hmmmm!

glad people liked it. What i remember most about that day was pulling over in the service station on the way back and seeing the kfc full of fighters from the day, gulping back chicken wings like they were going out of fashion. I think people cut a lot more weight for amateur no-headshot events than most people would think.

boxingbrit

I cant believe these sarcastic comments and insinuations against Dale Adams. I think its disgusting, he has been selflessly organising MMA events since the middle of last century and supplying kit, albeit at a cost, to the community for just as long.

I think we all need to stand up and recognise what he has done for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crazy88 View Post
    glad people liked it. What i remember most about that day was pulling over in the service station on the way back and seeing the kfc full of fighters from the day, gulping back chicken wings like they were going out of fashion. I think people cut a lot more weight for amateur no-headshot events than most people would think.
    Hah, we did that as well but I just had the chicken popcorn. I wanted a big ass pizza from Pizza Hut!

I didn't actually cut any weight myself, if you are regarding cutting as sweating out water, which probably isn't really a good idea if it's same day weigh ins but I did lose 15 pounds with training and eating right over 8 weeks. All you need really. Got bang on 70.5kg on the day too!

Iíve competed in the Open Trials as have a few of the guys from my club. I think its one of the best organised events that Iíve been to. If you are going to do all three events + the finals it works out at less than £18 per event, with a guaranteed two fights at every event.

The spectator charges are similar to other events and at least the venue has bleacher seating and a reasonable cafť area. I think you can get a discount on spectator tickets if you pay in advance?

With regards to their kit, I have accounts with MMA Universe and a few other MA suppliers, and I find them one of the best to deal with. Iíve never had any problems ordering, and on the rare occasions where kit has been faulty Ė stitching coming undone Ė it has been replaced without any problems.

If you had a amature fight with semi pro rules (strikes to the head while standing), can you still compete?
    I love hitting people, its one of my favourite past times!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntonM View Post
    If you had a amature fight with semi pro rules (strikes to the head while standing), can you still compete?
    It's amateur MMA, not semi pro.

Just got back. Another good event, well run and plenty of great fights... all good fun! ...and yes Stormrog I am the same Luke who was in my avatar that fought at Combat Sports Open, I was being sarcastic when I said it was someone else, good to meet you anyway

Anyone else go down or got any footage?