Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Combat Sports Open Trials

Made my way over the pond to see this mma amateur event in hereford today and had to pay 15 to watch!!! whats all that about? perhaps the organisers could reduce it to 5 and get more people in and perhaps get an atmosphere there!

Besides that the standard was ok i guess except for 1 guy who had 2 achilles locks in 2 of his fights! Anyone know who it was? let me know if you can, i would sure like to have a roll with him and not just for his good looks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie 'Twister' Bravo View Post
    Made my way over the pond to see this mma amateur event in hereford today and had to pay 15 to watch!!! whats all that about? perhaps the organisers could reduce it to 5 and get more people in and perhaps get an atmosphere there!

Besides that the standard was ok i guess except for 1 guy who had 2 achilles locks in 2 of his fights! Anyone know who it was? let me know if you can, i would sure like to have a roll with him and not just for his good looks!!!
    Yeah, it was the same guy who caught 'both' the guys I trained with. Sneaky fecker! Our fault really as we don't train much leglocks, but next time in training it'll be imanari style, lol.

Oh and you weren't the same guy (when I was signing in) who moaned in a rather loud voice about having to pay 15, haha. I can see where you're coming from though, it's a bit dear but worth it. Combat Sports has been going for years and is pretty much a brand name now so I guess they can charge whatever now.
    Last edited by Luke; 18-05-2008 at 09:55 PM.

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

the guy with the footlocks was Darrell James who is one of my guys.
    he is a bastard to deal with when he gets hold of your leg
    was a good event but i nearly passed out when they charged 15 to be a spectator

Oh and you weren't the same guy (when I was signing in) who moaned in a rather loud voice about having to pay 15, haha. I can see where you're coming from though, it's a bit dear but worth it.
    it may well have been me you heard complaining i was in the grey t shirt cornering Darrel

It's funny how everything's intertwined. I've seen your guys record. Very good! Bit of a ringer I see

It's funny how everything's intertwined.

I've seen your guys record. Very good! Bit of a ringer I see
    Darrell not done MMA since June last year due to his mrs having their first child so was good for him to get back on the mat.
    hopefully he can get a few more amateurs this year then step back up to semi pro
    why u call him a ringer?

Ringer as in had a few fights with few wins.

Ringer as in had a few fights with few wins.
    ok pal not heard that saying thats all
    we dont get out much in the sunny valleys of wales

I was there today along with a load of the boys from Bristol Impact Gym.
    It was a really great day all round. Some awesome fights, and really well organised.
    Hopefully I'll be getting involved in the next round.

Combat Sports has been going for years and is pretty much a brand name now so I guess they can charge whatever now.
    ...if that's the case, then what ever happened to the last few years DVDs?
    It's seems the last one released was back in 2004, so it doesn't fill me with hope that this years will be out any time soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Identity One View Post
    ...if that's the case, then what ever happened to the last few years DVDs?
    It's seems the last one released was back in 2004, so it doesn't fill me with hope that this years will be out any time soon!
    Yeah! Especially when they didn't allow anyone else to take videos of the fights (they tried that on us!). We were talking about this on the way back. They'd make a fair bit of money off DVD's cos 70% of the people competing would probably want DVD's of the event anyway. Bit shitty that they don't even make the effort with that. Just Video it regardless without them seeing, it's all good IMO.
    Last edited by Luke; 18-05-2008 at 11:52 PM.

Yeah, even made an announcement to say we couldn't film... Bit crap that.
    Good thing my camera person (good'ol mum) ignored them and got one of my fights!

They were filming though, and I've been told they were definitely filming at last years event too, so it's really surprising that the DVD's haven't been released.

I'd buy one for sure, and I'm sure plenty of others would too.

Whilst well organised, I've got to say that the G&S event was ever so slightly better.