Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Under handed, Dirty Tactics of a Promoter

Default Under handed, Dirty Tactics of a Promoter

FX3 have been operating in Berkshire since 2004 / 2005 and have been widely recognised for setting the standard of mma events in the area and have considerable goodwill in the UK using FX3 Freestyle Fighting Federation - "Extreme Cage Fighting"
    A revamped promotion is running an event in the same area 2 weeks after FX3, now competition is always healthy apart from when that competition try to pass there event off as something it is not.
    Take a look at the adverts below and see how the general public could be confused by their advertising to think this event is in some way associated to FX3....
    I would like to clarify that Cage Brawl is nothing to do with FX3 and in no way has any association to our promotion.
    The reverse of the flyer is even more simular to the FX3 flyer along with the posters, notice the use of "Extreme Cage Fighting" in the Same Colouring and Font as used on the FX3 Flyers of which we have been using on our promotional material since 2006.
    It has now become apparent that they are now using the Angrrr Management Cage aswell which has become common to FX3 as well as the promoter going behind my back trying to poach fighters from my gym without even talking to me.
    We have taken legal advise and this can be restrained under an action of Passing off and we will be claiming for Inter Alia damages if this copycat advertising does not stop as of immediate effect.

Spot the simularities in the flyers......
    FX3 Front Flyer: -

Cage Brawl Font page flyer: -

I see you points. I would know it was different but would joe public.

layout virtually the same, colours virtually the same... some small differences like the space between cage and fighting but seems to be as close as you can be.
    www.ikusa.co.uk

stocking; Wand, Evolution Fightwear, Caged Steel, Warrior Wear,Nogi, Manto, Sprawl, Xyience, Cryogel, Vangaard, Serious Pimp and more...

www.myspace.com/ikusamma

B.T.K.A

Cage Brawl is already a registered trade name in America, and it is fact illegal for this other promoter to use that name as he is not associated in anyway with cage brawl, this guy is digging himslef a rather big hole and i believe legally he is pretty much in the shit !!

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Didn't you have a problem with this sort of thing before Paul?

DROC

Quote Originally Posted by droc View Post
    Didn't you have a problem with this sort of thing before Paul?

DROC
    Yes mate and it just so happens it is the same person doing it!!

Other than it saying Extreme Cage fighting in red and white i dont see the similarity
    imho

they have the WKMA logo clealy displayed, along with CAGE BRAWL, and the background is totally different

Quote Originally Posted by B.T.K.A View Post
    Cage Brawl is already a registered trade name in America, and it is fact illegal for this other promoter to use that name as he is not associated in anyway with cage brawl, this guy is digging himslef a rather big hole and i believe legally he is pretty much in the shit !!
    It would have to be registered in Uk for it to hold up in court over here mate

When you get given a flyer on a friday night in town and they are the same size, thickness, colouring etc FX3 or WKMA means nothing to Joe Public..
    They will see "Extreme Cage Fighting" think its the same flyer and either dump it as they have one or refuse to take it as they believe its the same thing..

It was actually printed by the same company that printed mine and I spoke to them this morning and they even admitted that the promoter had asked for the flyer to look like the FX3 one where possible...

steve_langford

They look completely different to me??

Out of interest, why do you use the term 'extreme cage fighting' instead of Mixed Martial Arts?

I always wondered the same thing when Cage Rage would advertise "12 Ultimate Fights" on their ads.

Not having a go, just curious...