Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 70kg amatuer fighter avalible,wanting debut

Hybrid View

Default 70kg amatuer fighter avalible,wanting debut

im 17 from london looking to have an amatuer mma fight ,nothing to serious, enjoy the sport and would natrually like to test my skills on a competitive stage!!! Any offers of a possible match up would greatlly be appreciated, but would need a five weeks notice,to book time of work as i work weekends!!

If you're interested in Amateur rules (no headshots) then it might be worth having a look at the Grapple and Strike League, or the Combat Sports Open League.

Grapple and Strike
    Combat Sports Open

Both are now in the second leg of competition, but they're both a decent starting point.
    I just got back from the Grapple and Strike event and everything about it was impressive.
    Amazingly well managed, a great atmosphere with no attitude and a real good place to work off the first fight nerves.

Hope that can be some help.

Pride & Glory host an event approximately every 6 weeks including feeder events aimed at Amateur, semi-pro and novice pro fighters. If you wish to be added to the list for future events please email: mick577@aol.com

Expences of 50 are paid to all fighters to help pay towards fuel etc.

Mick

The events are based in the NE

is there anywhere closer to london or the south east?

lee johstone has amateur fighters on his event. www.cagefighters.net

sol gilbert runs the ZT amateur tourney in brighton.

both these events use headshots standing and grounded, but rounds are shorter and you wear more padded gloves. Also elbows and heelhooks are banned.

Best thing though is probably to talk to your coach and find out when he thinks you are ready rather than just pimping yourself on the net looking for "nothing too serious" just cos you enjoy the sport.

if you havnt got a coach i would recommend a no-headshots event like those previously mentioned to see where you are at before you even think about a "proper" amateur mma rules fight.

Best thing though is probably to talk to your coach and find out when he thinks you are ready rather than just pimping yourself on the net looking for "nothing too serious" just cos you enjoy the sport.

pimping? or making an enquiry into what events were currently on offer on a major uk mma forum

yeh i'm really badly looking for a fight aswell, i'm 17 from london. already had a fight at semi-pro but cnt seem to find others

Quote Originally Posted by urban warrior View Post

pimping? or making an enquiry into what events were currently on offer on a major uk mma forum
    wasnt criticizing, just offering advice. I also gave you a couple of events not too far from you that offer what you are looking for.

My opinion is that it is the wrong approach to come on the net advertising yourself for your first fight. Should be the coaches job to decide when you are ready then get you the right fight on the right event IMHO. Its up to you what you do though dude, good luck. Hopefully the two contacts i gave will be able to help you out. Or if you want no headshots you could enter the MMA league @ seni in london on 26/27 april ???

Quote Originally Posted by graham cooke View Post
    Agreed! Serious training is better for you now than any 'nothing too serious' amateur fight. If you listen to your coach and take your training seriously then it will be better for you in the long run.

peace
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

50!? I've never had any expenses and absolutely skint! tut-tut! haha. Take it whilst its there bud!
    With Great Sacrifice Comes Great reward

Billy Glossop
    Sales Manager
    Caged Steel
    www.caged-steel.com
    billy@caged-steel.com