Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Danny Batten really injured? (Now NSFW on Page 50)

I thought that was pretty funny too

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dead man walking View Post
    Has Danny Batten personally slagged you off Leigh ??
    You & I and everyone else who knows anything about Danny, will know that the answer to that is NO! That would not be Danny’s style. Just as it would not be Leigh's style to deal with this situation without trying to smear Danny’s reputation with innuendo’s and by aiming comments like that at him.

Clearly Leigh chooses to measure everyone else by his own standards, and so finds it easy to infer that Danny is a liar and by inference suggest that I was also lying when I confirmed to him that Danny was injured, and that despite having tried to train on through it, in order to be ready for the fight, he had been unable to do so and as a result had been forced to pull out. The main reason for it bein’ at such short notice being Danny’s belief that he could train through it and his determination to be fit to do this fight justice.

Well Leigh, tough shit if you don’t believe Danny and you don’t believe me, I take exception at the suggestion that I come on here to lie on Danny’s behalf. But I ain’t gonna loose any sleep over it, as it will be clear as day to the majority who read your comments, that in relation to this incident your accusations are groundless and therefore your opinions are worthless.

Danny owes you nothing more than the appolagy already made public. And your suggestion that he owes you an explanation for his injury is nothin’ more than a further demonstration, is if one was necessary, of your egotistical, self opinionated, elevated view of your own worth when compared with those around you. An opinion, which is equally untrue and worthless.

Get real Leigh, You both trained hard and sacrificed a great deal for a fight, which everybody wanted and nobody was happy to see cancelled, and whether you like it or not, that includes Danny Batten. But in Danny’s case not only does he share the self same disappointment that you feel, he also has an injury to contend with. Despite this, he’ll not be found on this, or any other forum for that matter, whingeing and nursing a bruised ego. Instead he’s concentrating on getting through this injury and then he’ll be back to getting fit to fight.

So get over it Leigh, and get on with your life.
    Y'all keep safe & be lucky.

Gerry.

Why would Danny sign a good contract with cage Rage and pretend to be injured?????

Danny Batten and his team are stand up guys, why would he pretend to be injured.

Give the guy a bit more respect.
    PREPARE FOR GLORY
    www.cagegladiators.tv

Jeeeez Leigh asks a genuine question, tries to be polite and all you guys do is whinge and moan. Some people on here need to grow up.

What was Danny's injury again?
    There are no martyrs if you kill enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
    What was Danny's injury again?
    Don't think it was stated mate.
    I'm going to live forever. Or die trying.

Exactly, he still hasn't explained what the issue is. I'm suppose to just accept this mysterious "injury" and keep quiet. LMAO @ the completely over the top defensive replies from his camp.

Gerry, you are a hypocrite. It is YOU who is arrogant. You think your boy can act however he likes and not be questioned; that he can mess people around and not be held accountable. Wrong. You said before that I was ducking Danny but this is the second time he has pulled out of a fight with me

I've tried to be polite about this but the disrespect I have been shown is bullshit. Judging him by my own standards? What, pulling out of fights? No, Danny is well known for this. He should be stripped of his number ranking and it should go to someone like Robbie Olivier

As the fight got closer, he suddenly realised that he was going to be taken down and bludgeoned by the stronger, better fighter who will shrug off his strikes and submissions. He either played up on a small niggle or fabricated it all together. What sort of injury lets you train for weeks yet might cause life-long damage if you comepete for 15 minutes? Well, in fairness he probably would have been seriously injured if he had fought me

He's a fucking bottler and I have no interest in going through this again other than money
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Danny owes you nothing more than the appolagy already made public. And your suggestion that he owes you an explanation for his injury is nothin’ more than a further demonstration, is if one was necessary, of your egotistical, self opinionated, elevated view of your own worth when compared with those around you. An opinion, which is equally untrue and worthless.
    Surely if someone comes out of retirement and works their ass off for 3 months getting back in shape, it would be nice to get a little more than 'sorry mate, cant fight you' 6 days before the event? No one is saying Danny should beg for forgiveness or anything... just would have been cool of him to say:

'Look Leigh, I can't fight you because I have 'x' injury, doctor said I cannot start training again until 'x' date, so I can't fight you until at leas 'x' date. Because as it stands what is Leigh meant to do? Does he train with the assumption he is fighting in July or does he start looking for another opponent...

It is only going to get more difficult to find a worthy opponent for July as time goes on and I think Leigh just wants to know when he and Danny are going to go at it...

Anyway I can't wait for it to happen

This is my first post on here so hey guys.
    I feel its a little rude to question a fighter on his injury i mean would you not prefer to fight him on top form. Just because he is not going around winging about his injury dosnt mean its not there. Im sure once danny understands how much recovery he will need you will get your fight but give him the respect he deserve for now hey. From what danny has said to me he was advised by professionals not fight because of his injury and he took that advice to me thats a smart fighter and person. Danny had trained just as hard for this fight and he was in great shape we would have seen a great fight but this is just the way the game goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Exactly, he still hasn't explained what the issue is. I'm suppose to just accept this mysterious "injury" and keep quiet. LMAO @ the completely over the top defensive replies from his camp.

Gerry, you are a hypocrite. It is YOU who is arrogant. You think your boy can act however he likes and not be questioned; that he can mess people around and not be held accountable. Wrong. You said before that I was ducking Danny but this is the second time he has pulled out of a fight with me

I've tried to be polite about this but the disrespect I have been shown is bullshit. Judging him by my own standards? What, pulling out of fights? No, Danny is well known for this. He should be stripped of his number ranking and it should go to someone like Robbie Olivier

As the fight got closer, he suddenly realised that he was going to be taken down and bludgeoned by the stronger, better fighter who will shrug off his strikes and submissions. He either played up on a small niggle or fabricated it all together. What sort of injury lets you train for weeks yet might cause life-long damage if you comepete for 15 minutes? Well, in fairness he probably would have been seriously injured if he had fought me

He's a fucking bottler and I have no interest in going through this again other than money
    NAgain no need for such disrespect has he ever insulted you in this way? Anger is only a sign of fear and the only person i see angry is you. Someone is a little sure of them self i think.