Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Danny Batten really injured? (Now NSFW on Page 50)

Thumbs up Thumbs up... another ruddy bites the dust!

Quote Originally Posted by Leesin View Post
    I know its slightly off topic, but who the fuck is Texas Joe ? hes only been here 5 minutes and hes as annoying as shit, making 4 posts in a row full of a load of bollocks really, nothing personal Joe but why did you suddenly appear to defend Danny and why in such an annoying manner ? How do you know danny ? being from texas and all, you a fighter ?, trainer ?.

Texas Joe = somebody u don't want none of, son.

"Annoying" is within the eye of the beholder. In fact, I view many of the posts here as rather ignorant. However, YOU probably see those same posts as the true law & ultimate belief of the creator of the universe.

Sorry there Leesin, but you need some "lesins" (lessons... get it? ) before talking to ol' Texas Joe. There is clearly a communication barrier between us. You probably do not have the experience that I have... and I am sure you have just a small fraction of the education I have. Like you said.... nothing personal. Now have a nice day.

Have you finished with your essays? Ok, here is the slightly longer version of how he bottled it. Firstly, the number I have for him is not working. I then 'phone Cage Rage and ask them to set it up. The response I got:-

"Nah mate, 'e ain't answerin' 'is phone. I got 'old of 'is manager, Chris, who says he don't know when 'e can do it"

Yet he was training for TWO WEEKS with this injury when it FIRST HAPPENED

If he doesn't want to fight me, fine, its perfectly understandable. I wouldn't want to fight me either if I was Danny. But don't waste my time

For those, Like Gerrysea, who don't understand how training for a professional fight works, you certainly do train for a specific opponent. You formulate a gameplan and train it for several weeks. Yes you work conditioning as well but if I'm spending 8 weeks training to take someone down and g'n'p them, it is very different to take on, say, a wrestler or judo player

To answer the question of alternate opponents, Robbie Olivier is up at around 77kg, both Brad Pickett and Ronnie Mann were fighting a week or two prior and I asked about Alex Owen but Cage Rage said they thought he was injured
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Cool Come on, Leigh... be cool homie

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Have you finished with your essays? Ok, here is the slightly longer version of how he bottled it. Firstly, the number I have for him is not working. I then 'phone Cage Rage and ask them to set it up. The response I got:-

"Nah mate, 'e ain't answerin' 'is phone. I got 'old of 'is manager, Chris, who says he don't know when 'e can do it"

Dear Leigh,

Here we see you infer that you, in fact, have not actually spoken to Danny. So he has not really done any of the things (about rescheduling) you have said. Your claim is that he doesn't want any part of you. But as you said... CR does not know, Chris does not know... and YOU really do not know.

I think you are just stressed, thinking WAY too far into the situation, and are letting the unknown create a false reality that has clearly pissed you off. In other words, there are some un-answered questions, and you have assumed the worst possibilities.

As you also said earlier... you still got paid. So you're training was not "free." Try to be happy about that. You got paid to get back into shape.

Good morning there... and enjoy the rest of your day.

--Texas Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Joe View Post
    "arguement," if you will.
    Or, rather, ''argument'', if you will. Your first degree clearly wasn't in English language was it? I'd call you pompous, pretentious, and over-educated if you were any more than just a poor troll/fictional character.

I think this is maybe a little off topic lol cant believe people are still trowing there toys about over this and have notfound some other issue to moan about.

Cool Yo, Yo, Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    Or, rather, ''argument'', if you will. Your first degree clearly wasn't in English language was it? I'd call you pompous, pretentious, and over-educated if you were any more than just a poor troll/fictional character.
    ... wasn't in THE English language... there homie. You clearly were not an English major yourself... probably failed elementary Engligh I would have to guess. Please note, if you had desired to just say "English" without "the," then you should have omitted "language." Then, your sentence would have still been proper as it would have become:

"... clearly wasn't in English was it?"

As in: clearly wasn't in Music or Criminal Justice or History or any other name of a degree.

Oh, well... anyhow:

Wow, you caught a typographical error. Good for you. I never claimed perfection... I'm just smarter than most... including you, obviously

Oh hell...wait a minute... is that a "professional" wrestler you admire there as your avatar??? Yes it is. Oh yeah... I've seen that clown on T.V....

Hey Waterboy: U CAN'T C ME!

YO, YO, G! WUT UP, DOGG? YA FEEL ME G-MONEY-FUNK?

Oh, please... what a joke!! And it was YOU who brought up the "fictional character?"

Know your damn role & shut your mouth.
    Last edited by Texas Joe; 19-03-2008 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Joe View Post
    ... wasn't in THE English language... there homie. You clearly were not an English major yourself... probably failed elementary Engligh I would have to guess. Please note, if you had desired to just say "English" without "the," then you should have omitted "language." Then, your sentance would have still been proper as it would have become:

"... clearly wasn't in English was it?"

As in: clearly wasn't in Music or Criminal Justice or History or any other name of a degree.

Oh, well... anyhow:

Wow, you caught a typographical error. Good for you. I never claimed perfection... I'm just smarter than most... including you, obviously

Oh hell...wait a minute... is that a "professional" wrestler you admire there as your avatar??? Yes it is. Oh yeah... I've seen that clown on T.V....

Hey Waterboy: U CAN'T C ME!

YO, YO, G! WUT UP, DOGG? YA FEEL ME G-MONEY-FUNK?

Oh, please... what a joke!! And it was YOU who brought up the "fictional character?"

Know your damn role & shut your mouth.
    lol - and I do mean you actually made me laugh out loud. Troll or not, you are funny.

But, to task...

'English language' is actually a subject - my 'A' Level isn't in 'the English language', but, rather, in 'English language' as opposed to 'English literature'. 'the English language' is something we should all be studying, if only to protect it from American bastardisations.

I know exactly where to put my definite articles thank you kindly, and it was also your mis-placing of the comma I was referring to. Admittedly I am being anal, but if you will come on here trying to play the intellectual card, misusing literary devices along the way, and putting typos in punctuation marks I simply can't resist.

Your John Cena stuff is pretty funny, but you've kind of missed the point - if you'd met me you'd probably get it. But then, maybe you HAVE met me - you certainly 'aint from Texas that's for sure.

And now I've hi-jacked. Hope Leigh and Danny fight soon!

What's becomes apparent after reading this thread is that the bottom line is:

Leigh clearly needs the exposure from being associated with Danny much more than any Danny might stand to gain from Leigh.

peace
    Last edited by zefff; 18-03-2008 at 11:48 AM.
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

Actually what is clear is that Leigh is open and honest and can be bothered to communicate with the MMA fans who wanted this fight to happen, whilst the other party has gone that quiet people are beginning to think there is something to hide.

I think it is a shame it has not gone ahead and this is a fight I think British MMA fans would love to see, but there only seems to be one of the two fighters who actually wants to make it happen.

i think this is actually far less interesting than aplin v mmalien
    Augustus Gloop, Augustus Gloop, a great big greedy nincompoop!!