Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Danny Batten really injured? (Now NSFW on Page 50)

nuzikdude

Danny has/had a neck injury. I'm in no doubt that he will be genuinely injured which is unfortunate.

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

I agree with Leigh that GerrySea is arrogant and believes that Danny can do anything that he wants.

It would also be nice (and it seems a minimum of politeness to Leigh) to know what the nature of Danny's injury is and when he will be able to fight Leigh, if ever. Especially since Leigh came out of retirement for this fight and made such an effort to be in shape.

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

The least Danny owes Leigh and the fight community is full disclosure of his injury that meant him dropping out of the fight.

I mean, an employer is entitled to a medical note if an employee is off sick for a long period of time, I think a promoter and the other contracter (Leigh) are entitled to something similar from the physician that checked out Danny.
    There are no martyrs if you kill enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by simpy View Post
    NAgain no need for such disrespect has he ever insulted you in this way? Anger is only a sign of fear and the only person i see angry is you. Someone is a little sure of them self i think.
    I couldn’t agree more! And your ‘first post’ would, I believe, represent the reasonable mans view of this issue and is therefore certainly going to be unacceptable to Leigh. The mind boggles at the complaint about being disrespected, all wrapped up in a torrent of half-truths, un-truths and insults against others? Leigh, you make my point most eloquently and far better than I could!

Sorry Leigh but respect is something you earn, and isn’t something you get as of right. In the fighting arenas you’ve earned respect and in there you have mine too, no one can take that away from you. But on here, you can take it to the bank; you’ll get exactly what you deserve. And you’ll certainly earn no respect by showing disrespect for others!

If you read the alternative views of others as disrespect, that doesn’t make it “bullshit” Leigh, that is just “tough shit”.

So I say again Leigh, get over it and get on with your life.
    Y'all keep safe & be lucky.

Gerry.

So what you're saying is you're happy to waste Leigh's time and he should look for a different opponent. Thanks.
    There are no martyrs if you kill enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrysea View Post
    You & I and everyone else who knows anything about Danny, will know that the answer to that is NO! That would not be Danny’s style. Just as it would not be Leigh's style to deal with this situation without trying to smear Danny’s reputation with innuendo’s and by aiming comments like that at him.

Clearly Leigh chooses to measure everyone else by his own standards, and so finds it easy to infer that Danny is a liar and by inference suggest that I was also lying when I confirmed to him that Danny was injured, and that despite having tried to train on through it, in order to be ready for the fight, he had been unable to do so and as a result had been forced to pull out. The main reason for it bein’ at such short notice being Danny’s belief that he could train through it and his determination to be fit to do this fight justice.

Well Leigh, tough shit if you don’t believe Danny and you don’t believe me, I take exception at the suggestion that I come on here to lie on Danny’s behalf. But I ain’t gonna loose any sleep over it, as it will be clear as day to the majority who read your comments, that in relation to this incident your accusations are groundless and therefore your opinions are worthless.

Danny owes you nothing more than the appolagy already made public. And your suggestion that he owes you an explanation for his injury is nothin’ more than a further demonstration, is if one was necessary, of your egotistical, self opinionated, elevated view of your own worth when compared with those around you. An opinion, which is equally untrue and worthless.

Get real Leigh, You both trained hard and sacrificed a great deal for a fight, which everybody wanted and nobody was happy to see cancelled, and whether you like it or not, that includes Danny Batten. But in Danny’s case not only does he share the self same disappointment that you feel, he also has an injury to contend with. Despite this, he’ll not be found on this, or any other forum for that matter, whingeing and nursing a bruised ego. Instead he’s concentrating on getting through this injury and then he’ll be back to getting fit to fight.

So get over it Leigh, and get on with your life.
    as you are suppose to be a professional fighter leigh, i think this thread is very unprofessional! but thats just my opinion!
    ..........i'll do it later

Quote Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
    The least Danny owes Leigh and the fight community is full disclosure of his injury that meant him dropping out of the fight.

I mean, an employer is entitled to a medical note if an employee is off sick for a long period of time, I think a promoter and the other contracter (Leigh) are entitled to something similar from the physician that checked out Danny.
    Yep, if those are the established rules and that's what has happened in every other case, then I'd not argue with that. But you and I, and probably everyone else for that matter, know that that is not the case. Furthermore, if the Promoter were classified as an employer, then I'd agree there as well, that he should be given an explanation for non-attendance (Whilst I do think that we stretch a point when we use the comparison of an employee off sick for a long period of time? I can easily accept the principle.) However, if I'm a contractor, and for some reason I am unable to arrive on site in order to fulfil my contract, whilst I’d certainly agree that I would be obliged to explain my reasons to the contract holder, I certainly do not agree with a view that says that I should also be obliged to explain my reasons to the Bricklayers, Plumbers, Sparks and Diggers of Holes and any other artisans who are also contracted in. And as for the suggestion that because they are also contracted in, they should all be entitled to a note from my doctor??????????

So what is your point? Are you saying that the promoters of Cage Rage have not been given a satisfactory or reasonable explanation for Danny’s inability to fight on the night? If that were the case, I’m sure that they’d not be reliant upon Leigh and your good self to take up the matter on their behalf, via this forum? If the promoters expect the fighters to provide a medical note from a physician when they are forced to cry off through ill health or injury, then I’m sure that will be written in to their contract, and under such circumstances, if they were not happy that Danny had fulfilled that element of his contact, I’m also sure they would deal with it themselves direct with Danny’s management!

However, if that is not the case, and Danny has given them an explanation, which has satisfied them and they see as reasonable. That’s it, end of story! If Leigh feels that he’s entitled to further personal consideration from Danny, he knows what to do, contact Danny and discuss it with him in a reasonable manner, as was suggested 4 days ago elsewhere in this thread?

As for Full disclosure of his injury to the fight community? Don't talk daft! Just give some thought to what your askin for?
    Y'all keep safe & be lucky.

Gerry.

I dont know any of these guys, so my opinion is unbiased and i do see why Leigh is pissed, he deserves to be told by Danny what the injury is, how long it will take to heal and when he will be able to fight again, if Leigh is just simply told "sorry im injured i cant fight bye" then people see Danny looking just fine ( even though he may really be injured ) its gonna make things tick in Leighs head, especially after he had basically come out of retirement and trained his ass off to fight this one specific person, if people fail to see why Leigh is pissed and call him ignorant i think your just being Danny butthuggers and mostly ignorant yourself.

I do hope this fight goes ahead in the future, will be great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
    So what you're saying is you're happy to waste Leigh's time and he should look for a different opponent. Thanks.

Wasting Leigh's time would be taking the fight on with an injury. I am gonna ask again if you are so sure of yourself Leigh then dont you wanna fight Danny at the top of his game and injury free? Anyone here no matter what there level will have had an injury at some point and will have had to back out of a fight/training/other commitment because of it its just the way things are. And its just being a smart fighter. Leigh, not a single person here is questioning your skill as a fighter but all we have heard from you is disrespect to a guy thats gonna cause you alot of problems when this happens.

Dont want to get in the argument, but are we saying that the Danny / Leigh fight is not going to happen at all. What exactly is the stance from Danny's camp as we all know Leigh wants to fight but if the time frame is going to be much too long both might as well just forget it. Surely this can be answered?