Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Danny Batten really injured? (Now NSFW on Page 50)

Quote Originally Posted by dead man walking View Post
    as you are suppose to be a professional fighter leigh, i think this thread is very unprofessional! but thats just my opinion!
    I agree mate.

Quote Originally Posted by simpy View Post
    I feel its a little rude to question a fighter on his injury i mean would you not prefer to fight him on top form.
    Of course I would, as I have said before, I am not at all suggesting that Danny should fight while injured. I would have loved to have administered the beating so that no excuses could be made

Quote Originally Posted by simpy View Post
    Anger is only a sign of fear and the only person i see angry is you. Someone is a little sure of them self i think.
    Am I afraid or over confident? Please make up your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrysea
    I take exception at the suggestion that I come on here to lie on Danny’s behalf.
    LOL, who are you? The same guy who said I was ducking Danny. I'm really going to worry if I offend you

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrysea View Post
    Danny owes you nothing more than the appolagy already made public.
    What apology is this? Do you have a link?

No apology
    +
    No explanation of injury
    +
    No agreement to reschedule the fight

= Bottle job

I'm not that interested in what the injury is, as I understand it could be sensitive information to a competitor, but an apology and an agreement to reschedule would have been nice. I have had neither and I am no longer considering a fight with this time waster
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Danny owes you nothing more than the appolagy already made public.
    I know a few people who paid for tickets purely to watch Leigh and Danny fight... does he not owe them a little more than 'Sorry I hurt myself' 6 days before the event?

No one is saying he should beg for forgiveness or post an x-ray online... but as I've already said, a little more in terms of details would be good. I.E. will he ever fight Leigh... Surely the first thing he should have said is 'I hurt my neck, I can't wait to fight Leigh in July' or 'I hurt my neck and am out long term, good luck finding another opponent leigh'... I don't get that

boxingbrit

Can people please stick to small paragraphs or bullet points and stop repeating themselves. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I'm not that interested in what the injury is, as I understand it could be sensitive information to a competitor, but an apology and an agreement to reschedule would have been nice. I have had neither and I am no longer considering a fight with this time waster
    Have you even tried having a polite conversation with Danny or Chris rather than slaging him of on this forum maybe that would have been the route a professional fighter should take. Has he said he wont reschedule? im sure not.

So your not considering fighting him now....? ok so whats your problem then or is that just a "Bottle job"

now I have some violence bottled up with your name on it
    Doesn't look like Leigh is bottling anything :P

Is pretty simple really.

We already know Leigh wants to fight Danny and is ready now.

So

Does Danny want to fight Leigh, if so when?

[QUOTE=zippy;146304]Is pretty simple really.

We already know Leigh wants to fight Danny.......
    He says hes not now.Would be a real shame if this fight didnt happen in the near future.
    "My God is a squirrel called Norman,hes got arms like Popeye"
    Bullbreed rescue and rehoming.PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesin View Post
    I dont know any of these guys, so my opinion is unbiased and i do see why Leigh is pissed, he deserves to be told by Danny what the injury is, how long it will take to heal and when he will be able to fight again, if Leigh is just simply told "sorry im injured i cant fight bye" then people see Danny looking just fine ( even though he may really be injured ) its gonna make things tick in Leighs head, especially after he had basically come out of retirement and trained his ass off to fight this one specific person, if people fail to see why Leigh is pissed and call him ignorant i think your just being Danny butthuggers and mostly ignorant yourself.

I do hope this fight goes ahead in the future, will be great to watch.
    It’s good to hear an unbiased view. But anyone who believes that Leigh had “basically come out of retirement and trained his ass off to fight this one specific person” needs a quick reality check.

Leigh, by his own admission, stopped fightin’ because in real terms there was no money in the game, and in Leigh’s view the money being paid to fighters, and in particular fighters like him and Danny, no longer justified the life-style sacrifices necessary to stay at the top, plus I believe that he had new family commitment’s.

That situation has now started to change and for fighters at the top and those who can draw a crowd, both of which have clearly been true of Leigh in the past, the money has considerably improved. I have no doubt that he now sees the situation somewhat differently and the importance of fighting Danny is that it is his short route back to the top and the Number 1 spot. Yes I know he will also have personal reasons for wanting to fight Danny, but make no mistake about it, Leigh has not come out of retirement solely for a scrap with Danny. At the moment, the fight with Danny is necessary to get him straight back up to where he feels he belongs and open the door to the lucrative fights, which he’s sure will follow.

He’s clearly impatient for this to happen and Danny’s injury has unfortunately frustrated his short-term plans for the time being, Hence he moots the view that Danny should be stripped of his title and the baton (no pun intended) be passed to another, so putting Leigh’s strategy straight back on path.

I, for one, am on record as saying that I share Leigh’s disappointment that the fight was cancelled and appreciate how gut wrenching it must feel after all of that preparation, I sure know that’s how Danny feels about it, Hence I can understand how Leigh would feel very frustrated. But I’m afraid that I fail to see how any of this justifies his outbursts in this thread?

Professional? Within the fight arena, yes definitely. But in this thread?

I share your view, I also hope this fight goes ahead in the future, it will be great to watch. The sooner the better for all concerned!
    Y'all keep safe & be lucky.

Gerry.

Leigh and Danny are independant contracters of equal value (it takes two to fight) who signed on with one promoter for an agreed bout. If one of the contracters withdraws, the bout can not take place and it has a direct affect on the other contracter. The building analogy fails because if a brickie injures himself the project can still go ahead with the remaining contractors, or a new one can be brought in. The project remains the same.

In a fight the 'project' changes or becomes void as soon as a signed contractor withdraws. There's a huge difference between the analogies.

I think it should be common courtesy to at least fully disclose the details to the promoter and the other contracter even if the matter remains behind close doors with regards to the rest of the community and the general public.

By refusing to give Leigh a detailed, sufficient explanation you are devaluing his worth as a fellow fighter and it comes off as Danny Batten and his camp are above Leigh and his camp which is simply disrespectful.
    There are no martyrs if you kill enough of them.