Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The McDojo List

But who were his opponents he lost to?

I aggree a great fighter does not always make a great coach, and a great coach is not always a good fighter. However, i bet ALL the great coaches have a detailed knowledge of the game they teach. You wont find many good coaches with crap technique
    For great training in Sydney, Australia go to www.bondidojo.com.au for excellent, BJJ, MMA and Muay Thai

No PRIDE. No Life

Quote Originally Posted by bigleeroy1 View Post
    wich garry savage are we talking about here i used to train under a garry savage in blackpool, at the time i also rolled with a few young lads from morcamb mma not a bad ground game to be honest, this was a while back like.
    Hi Leeroy,

It is the same Gary. I was probably one of the lads you used to role with from Lancaster/Morecambe. I came down a few times to the Blackpool club (Kickers?) when it was open with the some of the lads from the Uni Club and Morecambe MMA. Would have been three or four years ago now.

Craig.
    Last edited by Craig; 14-03-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Leeroy Barnes
    Pro Fighter

3 or 4 years ago fuck me i wasnt even training 3 years ago lol.

garry is a good teacher if it wasnt for garry and paul who took the classes thier when i went, i wuldnt have learnt the skills that got me to be accepted as a contracted full time member of the wolfslair pro fight team.

both good guys and i would recomend them to anybody in the blackpool preston area. garry savage and paul rice.
    Wolfslair MMA

McDonalds look like the real thing but leave you feeling hungry and are full of crap.
    If you want a good burger, go to FUDRUCKERS in Texas! Get a 1lb burger for 3! Pure meat baby!!!

Just like McDojos, proof is in the lastability. Students will reach a platue real quick and get bored, move on or hopefully find somewhere better.
    No need to 'name and shame' as whos to judge why someone goes to a club?
    If you dont like it, dont go.

The whole teacher/fighter thing is a dead end topic.
    I may be wrong, but Im not aware of Alexis or Paul having a pro MMA record? Not on the almighty sherdog anyway! BUT, can yo still learn from them? ..

Answer is obvious to anyone whos been to London Shoot...

TMAS MMA CLUB

tHEY HAVE WRESTLED FOR THE GB WRESTLING TEAM AND ENTERED SUBMISSION COMPETITIONS SO THAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO TEACH GRAPPLING FOR MMA IN MY EYES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daihlo View Post
    McDonalds look like the real thing but leave you feeling hungry and are full of crap.
    If you want a good burger, go to FUDRUCKERS in Texas! Get a 1lb burger for 3! Pure meat baby!!!

Just like McDojos, proof is in the lastability. Students will reach a platue real quick and get bored, move on or hopefully find somewhere better.
    No need to 'name and shame' as whos to judge why someone goes to a club?
    If you dont like it, dont go.

The whole teacher/fighter thing is a dead end topic.
    I may be wrong, but Im not aware of Alexis or Paul having a pro MMA record? Not on the almighty sherdog anyway! BUT, can yo still learn from them? ..

Answer is obvious to anyone whos been to London Shoot...

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Hasnt Paul Ivens fought on Hook N Shoot wwwaaaaayyy back in the days
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by TMAS MMA CLUB View Post
    tHEY HAVE WRESTLED FOR THE GB WRESTLING TEAM AND ENTERED SUBMISSION COMPETITIONS SO THAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO TEACH GRAPPLING FOR MMA IN MY EYES.
    Dont get me wrong, I was making a point that they are not active pro MMA fighters but are both 1st class/world class instructors! My first MMA class was at LS!

My point is to those who are saying that 'as a pro fighter' they wouldnt go to a class where the instructor wasnt a pro fighter...

Still a big difference between being able to fight and being able to teach.
    Teaching is alot harder to do well as far as Im concerned.

TMAS MMA CLUB

i UNDERSTAND AND I WAS JUST SAYING I ONLY LIKE BEING COACHED BY A PERSON WHO HAS FOUGHT THEM SELVES, NO POINT HAVING SOMEONE IN YOUR CORNER SAYING YA NEED TO DO THIS YA NEED TO DO THAT WHEN THEY DON T KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO DO THIS AND THAT IN A LIVE FIGHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daihlo View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I was making a point that they are not active pro MMA fighters but are both 1st class/world class instructors! My first MMA class was at LS!

My point is to those who are saying that 'as a pro fighter' they wouldnt go to a class where the instructor wasnt a pro fighter...

Still a big difference between being able to fight and being able to teach.
    Teaching is alot harder to do well as far as Im concerned.

Beyond the coaches record, it's also worth looking at what fighters they have produced.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

I was phoned up at the gym the other day and asked about teaching of MMA. The guy asked what belt I was in BJJ when I told him he just hung up :-( lol
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'