Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Faulkner

Hybrid View

steve_langford

Default Phillip Faulkner

Ive trained with this kid for years , we started at the same time at Wolfpack MMA.

Ever since his first grappling comp in 06 I knew he was meant to fight. The lad is so clever when it comes to fighting , hes calm under pressure and knows when to change his gameplan if things start to go wrong i.e Alex Ward's right hand last night lol.

He is now 3-0-0 in MMA having all his fights with the AFL organisation.
    vs Jordan Hamilton (desision)
    vs Nigel Simmons (armbar)
    vs Alex Ward (armbar)

The kid has a very bright future ahead of him and im proud to say he's my mucka.

Ill try and get some vid's or links to vid's put up.

Nice guy and awesome fighter... I see him holding that title for a long, long time, and he is pretty young also? gotta be earlyt 20's???

steve_langford

Hes 19 lol

you should have seen him in the tunnel last night , he was so hyped!

would you believe that he has never done single styles i.e muay thai , bjj wrestling ect....

The coach at wolfpack (john ashley) just creates a well rounded game and they work on everything between themselves....awesome stuff dont ya think?

yes mate ill agree with you....i spoke to him last night after the fight and fair play what a sound bloke and a good fighter aswell....hope he fights on the show in june.

didnt see you down there last night tho steve...did you enjoy the show??

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by philofcynon1 View Post
    yes mate ill agree with you....i spoke to him last night after the fight and fair play what a sound bloke and a good fighter aswell....hope he fights on the show in june.

didnt see you down there last night tho steve...did you enjoy the show??
    It was a great show mate.

I was out front in the crowd up til Phils fight , he asked me to corner him , didnt expect it to be honest but I couldnt turn it down.

I love the AFL , it really is a show for the fighter's , cant wait to see Jason Herberts interviews............

you should have seen him in the tunnel last night , he was so hyped!

would you believe that he has never done single styles i.e muay thai , bjj wrestling ect....

The coach at wolfpack (john ashley) just creates a well rounded game and they work on everything between themselves....awesome stuff dont ya think?
    I would have thought his background was BJJ after watching him, his stand up looked good, but you could tell he hadn't studied a style (no disrespect there at all... I mean like he didn't stand like a boxer, kickboxer or thai boxer) and he seemed much more comfortable on the floor. he is strong both physically and mentally for 19

How often does the wolf pack train these days?

marc come online on msn...

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    I would have thought his background was BJJ after watching him, his stand up looked good, but you could tell he hadn't studied a style (no disrespect there at all... I mean like he didn't stand like a boxer, kickboxer or thai boxer) and he seemed much more comfortable on the floor. he is strong both physically and mentally for 19

How often does the wolf pack train these days?
    Was you there last night? People were commenting on his thai kicks lol, Alex caught him with a right hand that woke him up! It kinda switched him on.....as soon as Alex took him down I knew it was over.......

They train 4x a week (MMA) and the other days they do there own thing in the gym ect

Ahhhh, well that just shows he knows how to work on his weaknesses then Sign of a true champion... I would say if Phil gets anyone to the ground they are in trouble, phil is strong and fast... deadly in BJJ.

So will Phil Fulkner 3-0 and Phil Gregory 3-0 maybe we'll see a match in the future haha. Both 19/20 as well aren't ya :P

That would be a damned close match...

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    Ahhhh, well that just shows he knows how to work on his weaknesses then Sign of a true champion... I would say if Phil gets anyone to the ground they are in trouble, phil is strong and fast... deadly in BJJ.

So will Phil Fulkner 3-0 and Phil Gregory 3-0 maybe we'll see a match in the future haha. Both 19/20 as well aren't ya :P

That would be a damned close match...
    Yep he is defo good on the ground , remember the grapple thingy in weston not that long back?

Phil vs Phil would be fireworks!! but its down to Mike and co to sort that out.