Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much training?

Hybrid View

Default How much training?

How long do you think it'll be before i could enter a competition?

I have been training for years with weights and done a bit of gymnastics and karate. I want to start competing in MMA but there are no gyms close by and i'm not sure how to get into it.

Any help would be welcome.

boxingbrit

I think it is dependant on the person mate. Everyone is different. I think you need to join a club, tell them of your goals and see how you get on. There are a lot of decent clubs around your area

My cat's name is Mittens ralphylad's Avatar

I agree with BB, however I would say around 6 months to get up to speed on submissions, transitions and escapes is a fair ammount of time, espcially with no previous experience.

Team Fulinkazan is based your way, Kings Gym, I am sure Spenna or Scraps or someone will post thier details for you
    "I honestly can't even remember my old signature, so I'll have this one"

Caged steel is only at Dewsbury mate, I live just up the road from you in Middleton,if your keen to go you can pm me if you need a lift or anymore info.

or caged steel!

Thanks for the advice guys. Paul, i will PM you when i get sorted. Me and a few friends have been doing bits ourselves but i was looking for somehere professional for us to train when i came across this forum.

My mate used to train with Jeremy Bailey, a professional fighter, when he was down south.

The Bad Boy himself ey!

Quote Originally Posted by kyle_w View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. Paul, i will PM you when i get sorted. Me and a few friends have been doing bits ourselves but i was looking for somehere professional for us to train when i came across this forum.

My mate used to train with Jeremy Bailey, a professional fighter, when he was down south.
    Anytime Kyle you know where I am or look on the cage steel page for more info but any help advice mate all you have to do is ask and will help all I can,get yourself down you'll love it

Quote Originally Posted by kyle_w View Post

one fighter i dont rate!!! was useless wannabe!!! did you ever see him on cagefighter? what a cock!
    ..........i'll do it later

I would say 3 months for BJJ comps with set levels, 6 months kickboxing comps, 9 months ammature MMA in a cage...

I had my first MMA fight after 6 months, but feel it was probably a bit early...