So... Assuming you've got a pretty decent interest in Martial Arts (sports mma - not thai chi death moves etc), but also can't dedicate your entire life to training and have to hold down a regular 9-5 and keep your other half happy you may be able to at a push commit to say 6 training hours a week -> How would you use them?

Bjj groundwork, Wrestling Takedowns and Clinch, Boxing or In the Gym lifting weights to gain power?

I understand that strength can be a big factor and certainly if you wanted to fight for a living then you would have to go to the gym and lift, but is 2 hours on the mat rolling more benificial than 2 hours in a gym working cardio and weights?

I've had one mma fight so far and managed to pull off a win. I never do any form of strength, weight training or cardio other than normal grappling/clinch etc in class and as it went to the third round the fitness nearly killed me. However I was more technical than the other guy and it paid off.

At low levels of MMA I think you're better at working on 2 of the 3 main fighting ranges and learning a bare minimum in the other just to survive rather than spread yourself too thinly.

Any other opinions out there. Just thought that it would make interesting reading.