Thread: Shields Out!!!

Default Shields Out!!!

Im gutted for Fickett he was training hard for this in Florida with Pelligrino. Wonder if he'll even fight now??

SOURCE: MMA WEEKLY

The upcoming welterweight title fight set to take place on March 29 between Jake Shields and Drew Fickett has been canceled due to Shields suffering a back injury.

The news was released Tuesday on ProElite.com. MMAWeekly.com has independently confirmed the cancellation with sources within Drew Fickett’s camp that also stated that EliteXC is working on finding a replacement to step in and face Fickett this weekend.

At this late date it is unknown if a fighter will be found who can go through all the medical testing necessary to compete, but the organization is believed to be working on a replacement as of now.

The fight between Shields and Fickett could possibly happen on June 14 in Hawaii according to sources close to the fight, but that move has yet to be confirmed depending on how the scenario plays out for this weekend’s event, scheduled to air on Showtime.

No official announcement from ProElite, Inc. regarding the possibility of finding a replacement to face Drew Fickett was forthcoming at the time of publication.

shame daley is fighting on cage rage as that would have been the match everyone was after seeing over here.
    http://www.1stplace4trophies.co.uk

1st place 4 trophies - trophies for all sporting occassions.

run by sports coaches for sport coaches

I was approached for this fight last night, but i'm unable to make the weight (healthy/strong) in time. Still i was tempted.
    Team: ROUGH HOUSE (bushido-mma.co.uk/mikesgym.nl)

Ultimate Gladiators 2:- The Truth. Coming soon

Sponsors:-www.semtex.tv www.maximuscle.com/paul www.ultimate-gladiators.com

Managed by:- Wad Alameddine
    Mob:+44 (0)7939 100 750
    Email: wad@fight-management.com

i was moving a bit with shields yesterday before me pulled out, he was struggling to move properly.
    Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy
    'ROUGH HOUSE SOLDIER'

www.danhardymma.com

Sponsored by:-

TapouT, Xyience, Earache Records, Fightshop.com, Gumshields.com, Roko, MMA Unlimited.

"into the battles, making cages rattle, there's a pain thats inside us and we're letting it out"

Doesnt Drew train with Greg Jackson?

He's a class act & belongs in the UFC, he was awesome V Mark Weir!
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Fickett did for his last fight against Weir but moved to florida in prep for this fight

Quote Originally Posted by theOutlaw View Post
    i was moving a bit with shields yesterday before me pulled out, he was struggling to move properly.
    Where you training at the moment Dan? Is Jake still training at Fairtex SF?

Currently traveling around the world and training.

Nooooo! Was so looking forward to this match up between Shields and Fickett! It's like Serra vs. Huges all over again... shattered!