Thread: FABER vs. PULVER

Default FABER vs. PULVER

WORLD EXTREME CAGEFIGHTING®ANNOUNCES

URIJAH FABER vs. JENS PULVER

PLUS, MIGUEL ANGEL TORRES DEFENDS HIS TITLE AGAINST MANNY TAPIA

SUNDAY, JUNE 1, 2008

LIVE FROM THE ARCO ARENA IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA

Tickets Go on Sale Saturday, March 29 at 10am PT

Las Vegas – One is a legend in the sport of mixed martial arts; the other is an established star on his way to greatness. But when MMA pioneer Jens Pulver challenges WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber on Sunday June 1st at ARCO Arena in Sacramento, California, only one of these 145-pound fighters will emerge with the victory in the most important featherweight bout of all-time.

The World Extreme Cagefighting® (WEC™) organization is pleased to announce WEC: Faber vs. Pulver, a card which not only features the epic clash between the two best featherweights on the planet, Faber and Pulver, but a WEC bantamweight title fight between Mexican warriors Miguel Angel Torres and Manny Tapia, and the highly anticipated debut of Mark “The Filipino Wrecking Machine” Munoz.

Tickets for WEC: Faber vs. Pulver go on sale Saturday, March 29 at 10 a.m. and are priced at $185, $125, $75 and $35 (not including applicable services or taxes). Tickets may be purchased by calling Ticketmaster Charge-By-Phone at 916-649-TIXS, 530-528-TIXS or 209-551-TIXS or by visiting the ARCO Arena Box Office. Tickets also are available online through www.wec.tv or www.ticketmaster.com.

WEC: Faber vs. Pulver will be televised live nationally on VERSUS beginning at 9:00 pm ET/6:00 pm PT. All live WEC events will be presented in Hi-Definition (HD) and SAP where available. For more information and how to find VERSUS in your local viewing area, visit http://www.versus.com/findversus.

In the main event, one of the MMA’s best pound for pound, Urijah Faber, defends his WEC Featherweight title against UFC® and PRIDE® veteran Jens “Lil Evil” Pulver.

With technique, tenacity, and charisma, Sacramento’s own Urijah Faber (20-1), has proven time and time again why he is considered one of the best fighters in MMA today. Faber captured the WEC title in March of 2006 with a decisive second round stoppage of Cole Escovedo. Since then, he has continued to dominate the division, defending his crown with first round wins over Joe Pearson, Dominic Cruz, and Chance Farrar. His most recent victory came against Jeff Curran, where he displayed top notch submissions, choking Curran out in the second round. But on June 1, he will return home to fight for the first time in close to two years when he battles his toughest opponent yet in former UFC Lightweight Champion Jens Pulver.

A true MMA pioneer who put the lighter weight classes on the map, Jens Pulver (22-8-1) has reinvigorated his career with a return to the featherweight division, where he is currently unbeaten in eight fights, including a 35 second submission win over Cub Swanson in his WEC debut last December. Now closing in on Faber and a shot at becoming one of the few fighters in history to win a major title in two different weight classes, Pulver plans on bringing more than a “Lil’ Evil” to the cage with him on June 1st.

WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Angel Torres (33-1) captured the attention of the worldwide MMA community when he put on a groundfighting clinic against Chase Beebe, capturing the title with a guillotine choke just 3:59 into the championship bout. After years of fighting, Torres has finally earned his place as one of mixed martial arts’ best, pound for pound, but his reign won’t be complete until he defends his title against Mexico’s Manny Tapia.

Manny Tapia (10-0-1) is a television favorite due to his aggressive style and KO power. He burst onto the WEC scene with an impressive TKO over Brandon Foxworth, and then followed that victory up with a three round war against veteran Antonio Banuelos that he won via a hard-fought decision. Having shown both heart and skill in the cage, now all he needs is a belt around his waist, something he hopes to take from Torres on June 1st.

Also on the card, Vallejo’s Mark “The Filipino Wrecking Machine” Munoz (3-0) will be making his long awaited WEC debut at 185 lbs. Munoz is a former NCAA Division I wrestling champion, and he is considered one of the top wrestlers to ever enter into the sport of MMA. With an unbeaten record thus far, Munoz has transitioned well to the fighting world and he will be looking to continue on his path of excellence when he steps into the world famous WEC cage.

The remaining bouts for WEC: Faber vs. Pulver will be announced in the near future. All bouts subject to change. For more information about WEC: Faber vs. Pulver and current WEC fight news, visit www.wec.tv.

pulvers gonna get his ass kicked

i think pulver can win this

At 145 rather than 155 Pulver is immense.

I know faber is too, but would like pulver to win

Quote Originally Posted by Dead man's shoes View Post
    At 145 rather than 155 Pulver is immense.

I know faber is too, but would like pulver to win
    i dont think he has been beat at 145

Anybody any links to fabers better fights??

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I spoke to Urijah a couple of months ago about this:

Where do you rate yourself in the world of the featherweights?

I think I’m at the top of the weight class, I don’t feel that there’s anybody that can beat me up. Basically, the best way for me to rank myself is to look at all the other guys and who can beat me up and I don’t think there’s anyone out there that can beat me up, so I’ve got to say that I’m number one.

Jens Pulver is one man that would disagree with that; fighting on the same card he landed quite a clever technique, showing that he’s quite a dynamic fighter himself. Do you see any problems that he might pose for you at 145?

Yep, Jens is a very, very dangerous fighter, probably one of the most dangerous, well rounded fighters that I’ve faced, he’s got some size on me, so he’s definitely going to be a very game competitor. I feel that he has ways to finish the fight, but my job is to come out unscathed and that’s what we’re trying to do.

We’re gonna fight and it’s going to be brutal, so I wouldn’t say necessarily that he’s going to give me problems. I think we are going to fight and there’s going to be a lot of good action, but I feel like I’m going to come out on top.

One thing about Jens is – obviously, he’s done well at 155 – but he’s done extremely well in the lower division of 145. Does that worry you in any way?

No I don’t think so, I train with a tonne of guys that are 155 and I’ve fought in the 155lb weight class. I was actually a 135 pounder in college, so I’m actually up a weight class. 155ers, I train with them all the time. I think I can do fine at there, at the higher level – he’s coming down to my weight, so has to be looking out for me.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Jens will win by brutal KO after Faber dominating a fast paced first round
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

lol wait till kid yamamoto comes back and spanks the sunshine boy
    Insert whiny message

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

Kid is #1 145 in the world without doubt,

But im not sure he will ever fight away from Japan
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum