Thread: Bolton Open SW Championships - March 8th, 2008

Default Bolton Open SW Championships - March 8th, 2008

Got sent this report from my mate Chris Heath of AAC and FORMA UK.......

Catch Wrestling for the Next Generation

Clubs from across the North west of England and North Wales gathered at the Academy of Applied Combat on Saturday the 8th March 2008, to compete for the Bolton Open Catch Wrestling Competition.

The event, jointly run with the Federation of Russian Martial Arts and Trevor Robertís AAC, is part of a series of competitions and seminars aimed at restoring the style and techniques of Lancashire Catch Wrestling.

All of the bouts were fiercely fought by wrestlers from a variety of styles and back-grounds, but it was Boltonís finest taking gold in all the weight categories, placing the AAC as the winning club.

Gray Mayanika took Gold in the Under 75Kg division, with Steve Wiggans doing the same for the Under 87Kg, middleweight category and Gareth Corran, the AAC heavy-weight grappler, obtaining Gold following a knockout of one of his opponents in the Over 97Kg division. All the wrestlers competing trained and worked hard to achieve the grap-pling standard shown on the day.

Gold medalists, Gareth Corran and Steve Wiggans are pictured along with Trevor Roberts, owner of the AAC and Head Coach. The next Submission Wrestling Competition will be held at the Spa Road Gym on Saturday the 27th of September. If you would like to know more about the event or any of the classes at the AAC then contact 01204380727/380725 or visit the website

www.academyofappliedcombat.com.

Anyone wishing to know more about the work of the Federation of Russian Martial Arts UK should visit the www.formauk.net for contact information.

Bolton Catch Open Full Results
    U75Kg
    GOLD: Gray Mayanika - AAC,
    SILVER: Bartolz Navrocki - AAC,
    BRONZE: Leigh Pollitt - Bangor
    U87Kg
    GOLD: Steve Wiggans - AAC,
    SILVER: Gary Stalman - Bangor,
    BRONZE: Jack Hill - Bangor.
    Also Competing: D Navrocki - AAC, Sion Hughes - Bangor
    O97Kg
    GOLD: Gareth Corran - AAC,
    SILVER: Ian Wright - Bangor,
    BRONZE: Craig Bennett - AAC.
    Also Competing John Pearson, Bangor

F

who does there submission wrestling class on tuesdays at ACC

John Hopton

Good to see Lancashire Catch making a comeback before it disappears completely

Matt Clempner & Trev Roberts are legends, good to see this. Thanks Carl

Yes indeed they are Chris, and I am proud to say that Matt is my Judo coach (altho I aint been in ages, still a lofty top blue belt!) and Trevor is my Trad JJ and Sambo instructor and the reason I am where I am today, I have a lot to thank both of them for.

As for SW coaching, I think it's Matt or Chris Heath, best thing is to contact the club direct.

Their next event is Sep 27th, ample time for guys on here to have a go, I didn't get much notice for this first event, I was away reporting, but I will make sure their next comp gets some decent promotion.

F

John Hopton

Carl, given Roy Wood's reluctance to be filmed, could there be a Lancashire catch DVD around the corner now that Matt and Trev have taken this initiative?

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by dirty dick View Post
    Matt Clempner & Trev Roberts are legends, good to see this. Thanks Carl
    Agreed... Matt Clempner is also a fuckin monster!!!

John

It's a shame with Roy, I spoke to him about getting it all down, but a fucking woman was doing the job and fucked him about and he won't have any of it, altho every time I see Andrea, I keep asking her!!

I could speak to Trev to see if he'd be interested in doing some thing, if not a DVD maybe some pix.

Yep Matt is a monster; remember doing warm ups with him, he'd lie in a ball and I had to turn him over onto his back

F

John Hopton

Carl, you have a pm. Nothign significant. Just me being nosey