Thread: tendon operation

Default tendon operation

Hi i went to the doctors the other day about an on going knee problem and he said that i need an op to losen my tendon ive never heard of that before so was just wondering if anyone else has had one or knows anything about it?

many thanks

also to Team supreme sorry i told you guys i was coming down but it had to be put off due too my stupid knee.

any operations on your knees can make them worse my doc says i need 1 on my cartlidge but hes no chance il just live with it loads of people have told me you end up worst of after op
    why is it the more you earn the less you have ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreak View Post
    Hi i went to the doctors the other day about an on going knee problem and he said that i need an op to losen my tendon ive never heard of that before so was just wondering if anyone else has had one or knows anything about it?

many thanks

also to Team supreme sorry i told you guys i was coming down but it had to be put off due too my stupid knee.
    Im not an expert but an op to loosen your tendon sounds weird. Wouldnt stretching/physio be able to do this without an operation??

Maybe try messaging Rosi or fishface to see if this is something that could be sorted without an op.

I had what is called a "lateral release" operation on a tendon that pulls the kneecap towards the outside of my leg - is this the operation that your doctor is recommending? If so, I would strongly recommend getting another opinion! I do not think that this operation helping my patella tracking problem and it took a long time to recover from.

Whenever I've mentioned this operation to an osteopath or sports physio person, they've looked pretty horrified and said that it's an out-dated operation that doesn't work!

I think I would've been much better off working on improving the tracking with some kind of physiotherapy or bodywork (which I've had to do anyway)

Yes ocelot thats exactly what he said. thanks alot so if i do have to have it how long am i looking at being sidelined? i really dont wnt it tho so i will look for any other possible cure thanks again to everyone who replied.

Seriously - please get at least one other medical opinion about this!!

Everyone I've spoken to since reckons that this operation is useless and outdated - there are better ways to improve your patella tracking which don't involve at least six months of painful recovery.

I wish I hadn't jumped into having this procedure done and certainly wouldn't have it done knowing what I know now!