Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just starting out and need some help

Hybrid View

Default just starting out and need some help

ok I'm just staring out and need sine advice from you guys,I'm 26 and a massive ufc and mma fan. I have ordered myself a free standing punch bag that will go in my room along with any other equipment that I need. Can any of you guys help me out on equipment,exercise techniques and any vitamins I need.

best bet would be to join an mma gym they will tell you everything and already have everything sorted for you.

I would agree - 'other people' comes pretty high on the list when deciding what you need to learn to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreSportsTraining View Post
    I would agree - 'other people' comes pretty high on the list when deciding what you need to learn to fight.
    Alex just wants someone to punch.

Seriously though, my combinations on the pads are devistating - Jay Darrell devistating - in the ring though.....dumb de dumb dumb, and whilst DVD instuructionals are a good training aid, I don't think you can master skills with them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports-Select.co.uk View Post
    Alex just wants someone to punch.
    Preferably you, with a swift left hook....

And yes, I am victorious over the bag every time....but the bag doesn't hit back.

i tried doing it like that gracie instructionals and a punch bag then i joined a gym and never touched them again.

boxingbrit

If you search these forums in the training/ nutrition etc threads you will find pretty much all the info you need to get started but most importantly you need to find a gym and training partners.

thanks for the advice guys as I said I'm just starting out so would like to get myself into a good shape first and then see where I want to go from there. I have a mate at work and his wife is a personal trainer so she has given me some advice,all I wanted was to know what sort of food to eat and what kind of portions and also what vitamins I need just like to get me to a descent enough shape. I'm 26 as I said and I weigh about 12 stone but I would maybe like to be between 13~14 solid muscle

Quote Originally Posted by vinylkiller View Post
    thanks for the advice guys as I said I'm just starting out so would like to get myself into a good shape first and then see where I want to go from there. I have a mate at work and his wife is a personal trainer so she has given me some advice,all I wanted was to know what sort of food to eat and what kind of portions and also what vitamins I need just like to get me to a descent enough shape. I'm 26 as I said and I weigh about 12 stone but I would maybe like to be between 13~14 solid muscle
    Start training at an MMA club. That will get you in decent enough shape. Bg difference between results you get a a gym and through training. Toomany people put it off cos they wanna get big first, never happens.

What town are you in? Am sure if you post that, you'll get directions on the forum to yr local club.