Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: just starting out and need some help

bluemikey02

Ive just started kickboxing, with a view to hopefully move on to MMA, does anyone know of a club in the Wigan area?

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by bluemikey02 View Post
    Ive just started kickboxing, with a view to hopefully move on to MMA, does anyone know of a club in the Wigan area?
    Tom Blackledge runs a club in Wigan (ish), he knows his shit and has some good guys training with him (and a little d'waf girl ). Outside of that, you should be able to get to a number of other clubs within a short drive, i.e. Colosseum in Leigh, Atherton Wrestling in Leigh, etc, etc

Tom posts on here from time to time, so drop him a pm

John Hopton

At first I misread that post as Tom Blackledge.... knows he's shit.......I thought blimey, leg-pulling on this forum has reached new depths

Why are you diving in straight away and looking at supplements and vitamins etc?

If you're not used to training at all your best bet is just to go join an MMA (or boxing, BJJ, Muay Thai etc) gym and training there for a long while before worrying about anything else. They will get you fit and give you the basic skills you need for fighting.

Once you have got a good base fitness level, only then do you need to start on supplements etc.

Even if you want to do powerlifting or bodybuilding, you're better off training without supplementation first. You won't be capable of training hard enough to really need it at first.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_mIst View Post
    Tom Blackledge runs a club in Wigan (ish), he knows his shit and has some good guys training with him (and a little d'waf girl ). Outside of that, you should be able to get to a number of other clubs within a short drive, i.e. Colosseum in Leigh, Atherton Wrestling in Leigh, etc, etc

Tom posts on here from time to time, so drop him a pm
    Aaron is correct, apart from the 'little d'waf girl' bit. 'A lovely petite lady' is a better description

Quote Originally Posted by vinylkiller View Post
    thanks for the advice guys as I said I'm just starting out so would like to get myself into a good shape first and then see where I want to go from there. I have a mate at work and his wife is a personal trainer so she has given me some advice,all I wanted was to know what sort of food to eat and what kind of portions and also what vitamins I need just like to
    Best way to get in shape is by going to a gym and doing MMA drills/padwork/sparring off the bat! Best kind of fitness IMO.

yeah i think i will go to a local muay thai class as it's just round the corner from my house and he does 1 on 1 classess

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Stop messing around and get yourself to Tom Blackledge's you will not regret it!!!