Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New MMA club in east London - Spartans Vale Tudo

Hybrid View

Default New MMA club in east London - Spartans Vale Tudo

Spartans Vale Tudo will be open for training from next monday, April 21st.
    The address is 500 high road Leyton with the entrance around the corner on Jesse road

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?utm_ca...=google%20maps

The timetable is still to be finalised with two kettlebell conditioning classes per week to be added - just waiting for powerseekers to choose when they can do it. But at the moment it looks something like this.

monday: open 12.00pm tuesday open 12.00pm wedns open 12.00pm
    mma 2.30pm - 4.30 pm mma 2.30-4.00 mma 4.30 -6.00
    open mat 6.00-7.00pm conditioning 4.00-4.30 krav maga 6.00-7.00
    thai boxing 7.00-8.00pm open mat 6.00-7.00 bjj 7.00-8.30
    sparring 8.30-9.30pm greco roman 7.00-8.30 sparring 8.30-9.30
    sparring 8.30-9.30

thurs open 12.00pm friday open 12.00 sat open 12.00 sunday - closed
    mma 2.30-4.30 mma 2.30-4.30 open mat 12.00-1.00
    conditioning 4.30-5.15 conditioning 4.30-5.15 bjj 1.00-2.30
    open mat 6.00-7.00 open mat 6.00-7.00 sparring 2.30-4.00
    boxing 7.00-8.30 pad drills 7.00-8.30
    sparring 8.30-9.30 sparring 8.30-9.30

This is the timetable to start with but more classes will be added as and when people come through the doors, we are looking to put on 3-4 classes of each disipline per week within 10 weeks.

The facility is clean, well ventilated with air con, changing room and shower room, on site sports massage every evening, we have a smoothie/juice bar serving drinks, protien shakes and snacks as well as selling kit, - gloves, gum shields etc. And we will also have an on site tattoo artist working out of a studio situated in the gym.

There is free weights and kettlebells and some cardio equipment (rower, bike and cross trainer)

The opening time of 12.00 is for guys that want to train or spar out of class hours - we have a board where you put your name and when you will be available to train so that people are assured of having someone to train with when they come in early.

We are installing a projector to project fight videos onto a wall by the juice bar.
    Membership is 50 a month or 6 a class, 8 for a day pass and all members must pay for insurance (25 per year) within four weeks of joining.

I will post some pictures later in the week when the mats are down and the bags are up.
    Call 07811344643 for more details.
    Last edited by furious; 15-04-2008 at 02:07 PM.

boxingbrit

Sounds excellent. Who are the coaches?

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Sound like great facilities, but I agree with Ian here. Who are the coaches and their experieince. Good coaches are what people are really after

Jay Darell is rumoured to be the Head Coach

sorry, hould have stated coaches in my original post.

Boxing- krzysztof jablonski, one of the top boxing coaches from poland now living in london, he will be assisted by one of his fighters who is a proffesional boxer originally from nigeria, I dont have his name as Krzystof is on his honeymoon in bali untill friday, (would be unfair to disturb him, I'm sure he is otherwise engaged!)

Wrestling - Jakub Pietrzak, polish super heavy greco roman champion.

Bjj And Thai - Marcin Dragun, Bjj purple belt and third place finalist in adcc poland. Also season Muay Thai compeditor.

I will be taking the conditioning and mma classes, Dont claim to be an expert, Have a 3-1 record in pro mma.

We hope to have an established pro fighter taking the mma within 2 months, just need to take in some money first as it hasn't been a cheap project to set up.

As you can see most of the instrutors are polish,( we run a security training company and have got most of these guys their S.I.A licences.)

Dont know Jay Darrell, maybe he can do a thai bo class, or a class on how to pull american blondes or supermodels!

Quote Originally Posted by furious View Post
    sorry, hould have stated coaches in my original post.

Boxing- krzysztof jablonski, one of the top boxing coaches from poland now living in london, he will be assisted by one of his fighters who is a proffesional boxer originally from nigeria, I dont have his name as Krzystof is on his honeymoon in bali untill friday, (would be unfair to disturb him, I'm sure he is otherwise engaged!)

Wrestling - Jakub Pietrzak, polish super heavy greco roman champion.

Bjj And Thai - Marcin Dragun, Bjj purple belt and third place finalist in adcc poland. Also season Muay Thai compeditor.

I will be taking the conditioning and mma classes, Dont claim to be an expert, Have a 3-1 record in pro mma.

We hope to have an established pro fighter taking the mma within 2 months, just need to take in some money first as it hasn't been a cheap project to set up.

As you can see most of the instrutors are polish,( we run a security training company and have got most of these guys their S.I.A licences.)

Dont know Jay Darrell, maybe he can do a thai bo class, or a class on how to pull american blondes or supermodels!

Good luck to your business ! I may venture along and try your club out at
    some point as its not far from the places I teach at.

Pro Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by jaydarrell View Post
    Good luck to your business ! I may venture along and try your club out at
    some point as its not far from the places I teach at.
    Jay, why is it that every thread you post on, you try to turn around to being about you?!?

C'mon. Keep it on topic and big up Spartans!!!

Pro Fighter

Sounds good. Hope it all works out for you and we see some of the results on shows in the future

you are more than welcome Jay, any time.

if this happens please post videos of jay wrestling the polish super heavy greco roman champion ........that'd be awesome !!