Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to MMA

Andy907

Default New to MMA

Hey, Im lookin to start MMA after a friend told me about it (He does karate). I live in winsford near crewe in the North West. just wonderin if theres any places nearby to get me started bearing in mind that eventually i want to enter a couple of competitions so any gyms that help with that side of thing would be appreciated.
    Im 21 and weigh about 10.5 stone.
    cheers guys

there's seriously loads in the north west mate, try using the search function for manchester mma clubs or north west mma and there'll be plenty of related stuff for you to browse.

Andy907

tried that and had a good look, just wonderin if theres any1 on here from the area that can recommend a good place?
    just let me know thanks

I used to live in Winsford & had to travel to find any decent training. There was a thai boxing class held in a church hall off delamere st. & there was a submission class at crewe judo club. I think you'll have to travel though if you want mma.

Andy907

yeah i think the gym on delamere street closed down. Theres one or two places in crewe i think but not much advertised. The closest i can find is manchester or wolfslair in widnes. Any1 got any info on either manc or wolfslair?

atherton submission fighting in leigh (wigan) and team kaobon in liverpool both have awsomme coaching staff and facilities
    PIETRO MENGA - TEAM KAOBON

PITBULL

IF U CANT SHIT WID THE DOGZ... GO PISS WID THE PUPPIES....

Andy907

cheers mate. Athertons a bit far but il def check out kaobon

I think Wolfslair in Widnes is easy to get to from Winsford. Just try them all & see which is worth making the effort for.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeB View Post
    I think Wolfslair in Widnes is easy to get to from Winsford. Just try them all & see which is worth making the effort for.
    Indeed. Someone I train with from King's Lynn goes down there even though it's 4/5 hours away. I thinik he's stopped going now though, after breaking someone's foot in a toe hold and this guy had a fight coming up (...oops!).

I am also new to MMA and i have a favour to ask.
    Could please someone write me a quick review of UK's top MMA competitions?
    I know only Cage Rage and King of the Cage.
    And what is the difference between amateur and profesional MMA events?