Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combat Sports Open Trials

Default Combat Sports Open Trials

I took a big group to the 1st leg last year but found it a bit of a rip off tbh.
    It costs 15 plus 10 insurance, the mma league is 15 including insurance.
    There was about 20 of us including people watching and he still made me pay 10.
    I`d made them 280ish so I thought it was a bit cheeky.
    The dvd of the event costs 12 but the mma league are sending a copy of the event to the competitors for FREE.
    With the added bonus of spectators only being charged 5 and it being 1 hour up the road, I`ve sacked it lol.
    My guy Mark Adams won the lightweight division last year and they didn`t even bother to put a write up on their own site,that to me shows how bothered there are about the event.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Imagine Dale Sadams ripping people off... you are lucky you didn't have to pay for a gum shield

lol, have you tried any "rogue" kit they sell, quality
    www.gym01.com

I believe it's 20 this year. Bit pricey, but still good experience and a good day out. Hopefully we'll get a few people up. I would have thought, seeing as you guys gave them so much business they'd at least have offered you some kind of discount.

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by John Hopton View Post
    Appropriately named though
    I think "Cheap and Nasty" or "Competition Ready Apparel for the Professional"

John Hopton

I think the second one. While it might be cheap to make, it's not particularly cheap to buy. When I first started MMA I had some of their Viper gloves. I used them twice before they began to fall apart
    Last edited by John Hopton; 02-03-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Me and 2 others picked up a pair of rogue`s at the same time and within a week they`d all ripped.
    I think it was us that was ripped lol.
    www.gym01.com

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

im still waiting for the Seni april 05 show to come out on DVD!!!!
    i rang them for 18 months and every time i was told that it would be out next month.
    bit pissed off as we had a camera but were not allowed to video it due to them bringing a dvd out. igutted t is the only fights i have had that i dont have on dvd/video
    still a good day for new comers to test the waters though.

Quote Originally Posted by shakus maximus View Post
    im still waiting for the Seni april 05 show to come out on DVD!!!!
    i rang them for 18 months and every time i was told that it would be out next month.
    bit pissed off as we had a camera but were not allowed to video it due to them bringing a dvd out. igutted t is the only fights i have had that i dont have on dvd/video
    still a good day for new comers to test the waters though.
    yep me too. I made a highlight reel from the 3rd leg last year myself because I knew that the dvd would never emerge. Why do they bother filming it?

Apart from that though I always found their events to be well organised and fun, and Dale always struck me as being professional, although I know that a lot of people on this forum have experiences from way back when.