Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The no-excuses back in shape plan

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Default The no-excuses back in shape plan

After reading the getting back in shape thread and a few other reasons I decided that I really should move my fat ass and lose a bit of weight.

It's pretty hard for me to get to a gym and all that, but I have a pull up bar and will buy a skipping rope today (broke my last one, it was a piece of shit). So I decided to take a look at various different bodyweight routines etc and take care of what I eat and all that. So, it starts today.

Step 1: Off the beer.

I drink a lot so this'll be hard and will hopefully make a significant difference on it's own.

Step 2: Training.

Got off to a bad start this morning, I thought (hoped) that my month old daughter would sleep 6 - 7 hours like she has the last couple of nights and I could get up at 6ish (when she wakes up) changer her, feed her and get a bit of training in (Ross Emanait's "no excuses workout" is what I had in mind).
    But she didn't, so after waking up a few times in the night I didn't get out of bed until after 10, ate breakfast, made lunch for the day and went to work. If I manage to leave the office not too late tonight I'll get it done this evening.

The plan for the week is
    M, W, F = 15 minute run/skipping to warm up then "No excuses" workout,
    T, Th, Sat = interval sprints (100 yard sprint, 100 yard jog for 1600 yards)

Step 3: Diet

After reading "Precision Nutrition" that someone linked to in the other thread, my basic diet plan is to eat protein and vegetables at every meal, not eat junk food (I don't eat that much anyway) and eat every 3 hours(ish). 3 main meals, 3 snacks.

So this morning I ate an omelette (3 egg whites, 1 yolk with a tiny bit of skimmed milk) with Mushroom, red peppers, onion, garlic and parmesan.

Lunch:
    Turkey breast salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, corn, emmental cheese) with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.

Snacks:
    Because I ate breakfast late and lunch when I went into work I'll only have 2 snacks today (after lunch and after dinner).
    PN says to eat protein and veg for your snacks too, this is where I'm having trouble coming up with ideas. So I brought some slices of lean ham (there's a farmers market near me twice a week) and Gherkins. I figure carrot sticks and cottage cheese or something would be good for snacks but if you have any ideas please let me know.

Dinner:
    Beef and steamed spinach, if I manage to get the workout done I'll add a baked potato (PN says eat your carbs after a workout only).

I figured I'd post it here to put extra pressure on myself to get it done, I'll update you everyday on training and diet and every week on weight etc.

I have one of those scales that tells you your body fat and water content and all that. So I was at 84.5kg for 25%BF this morning (I know, I'm a fat bastard)

This is what I came up with on my own, anyone who sees things that can be improved, feel free to make suggestions. I know there's lots of things I could change.

Thanks

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

**NSFW**
    Paul Jenkins
    Pro Fighter

...'anyone who sees things that can be improved, feel free to make suggestions.'

Toothbrush.

The Hands
    "Try masturbating during a thunderstorm. Seriously. It makes you feel like Thor."

Here Come Da Pain......

www.dogsofwar.info

i would replace any meat with fish wherever possible and dont steam the spinach , have it raw with a little salt and pepper , much nicer !!!

Way to go Droc ! Sounds like you're pretty serious. Very interested to see how you get on, keep us posted.

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Have you considered plastic surgery in order to sort your boat race out?

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxGuru.com View Post
    i would replace any meat with fish wherever possible and dont steam the spinach , have it raw with a little salt and pepper , much nicer !!!
    Gav you big poof, eat red meat.

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

I like meat too much, I will sometimes be eating fish instead but cutting meat out is definitely out of the question.

Regarding the spinach, I happen to have frozen steamed spinach in the freezer and that's what I'll be eating for now. On Wednesday I'll go to the market before work and buy more raw veg as I don't have enough in right now.

Paul, funny you should stay that, I just had a filling fall out last night and have to go to the dentist. Maybe I'll take your advice.

Aaron, chicks dig guys who have faces with "character" like the dude on the subway in Ghost.

DROC
    Michael Bisping

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

.... I re-joined the gym last week, in order to get the supplementry cardio and weights in. Plus I have cleaned my diet up. So far I've not really seen or felt any change, but it's only been 1 week.

I have down 5 additional cardio sessions in that time (along with the Colosseum training).

My biggest issue is keeping it going... I get so bored if I don't see fat coming off!

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Yeah, I had a problem with that a while ago. I was using the missus' stepper cuz didn't think the knees would take jogging/running. I was just starting to get bored cuz I wasn't seeing results. Then I broke the stepper and packed it in.

DROC
    Michael Bisping

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Jaded Insider

protein shakes are an excellent portable way of keeping good protein up, buy two shakers and keep them loaded.

also, nuts are a good one to snack on, unsalted almonds and brazils, plus the fats are good fats.

finally, tins of tuna, if I am going away I always keep tins of tuna and a fork/penknife with me. alternatively, look at protein bars, but watch the polyols and trans fats/calories. best ones are Promax diet bars for content/cals.

CLA and Flaxseed will really help lose the weight and if you can pop down to holland and barrett buy some liquid L-carnitine and take 2 tablespoons daily, one morning and one night between meals - this will help mobilise any fat reserves for energy...

DRINK LOADS OF WATER and cut back on coffee as if dehydrates.

good luck!