Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caged Steel Amatuer (No headshots) interclub

Default Caged Steel Amatuer (No headshots) interclub

Caged Steel Amatuer (No headshots) interclub

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a small interclub event to be held in our gym for over 16's, the fights will held in a 20ft cage. It is intended for novices wanting to try their hand at competition before going onto established events. It will be jointly run by Caged Steel and Fulinkazan. The show is presented by Caged Steel and is called "Sprawl n Brawl" "Rookies"

It is no headshots amatuer mma for anyone who has not competed before at mma or at the most have had 1 amatuer fight before. Whether you agree or disagree with no-headshots rules there is a demand for it.

We have interest in this already from local gyms but we decided to open it up to anyone else interested. There is a cut off point for the amount of fighters per weight bracket, first come first served.

The finalist from 2 of the weight brackets (To be chosen on the day) will be invited to fight on Mappuk's "The Champions" MMA event in Bradford 3 weeks later for the amatuer title. We hope to make this a regular thing, depending on success / demand.

VENUE: Caged Steel gym - Dewsbury

DATE: Sunday July 27th

TIME: Weigh-in 12pm First fight 1pm

COST: 10 upfront or 15 on the day, spectators 5

For full rules, entry forms or further information please contact either Neil Hall or Mark Spencer

neil.hall@caged-steel.com

mark@caged-steel.com

Thanks

Neil Hall - Operations Director
    http://csfc.tv

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

sounds like a great idea.
    i think no headshot rules are an important introduction for a lot of fighters and builds up experience and confidence.
    hope it goes well

I really hope this takes off for you!!!!!!!!
    I'd be tempted to have a go but i'm at the british touring cars all weekend in cheshire.

Really hope you get to do this on a regular basis. look forward to maybe having a blast.
    You Are Next !!!!!!!

great idea. although its not to everyones taste, i think no head shots comps are a good thing. before finding out my knees are totally knackered i was going to have a go at grapple and strike this sunday.

caged steel adding to the no head shots events such as g and s is expanding entry level mma/grappling for people not ready to jump into the head shot game. it may not be mma but its all good as far as im concerned.

good luck with it.

Default Thanks

Thanks guys for those kind comments. No headshots is not for everyone or even not even mma but it is a format to work in for beginners to at least get the feel of competition and get a taste of competing in a cage.

maybe some of these guys will go on to be great mma fighters of the future.

Anyone else interested please email for imformation

Thanks

the bit about 1 or less amateur fights, I've done one heat at G&S which was 2 fights and one other amateur rules fight would I not be eligible? Would definitely be interested if I am able to enter.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

i wouldn't have thought so mate, considering that's 3 fights you've got there. not being funny or owt like, but it strikes me as obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    i wouldn't have thought so mate, considering that's 3 fights you've got there. not being funny or owt like, but it strikes me as obvious...

I've lost 2 of them though! just wondered so wanted to check I'm sure some of the others from my gym would want to compete as well.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

For me the bit that strikes out is that theres a potential title shot ...... great way to start off on a high!