Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The old days of UK MMA

shit is that the voodoo? looks like kama sutra

What do I remember from the early days? Most fighters having no fucking ground game, that's what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Hywel Teague View Post
    What do I remember from the early days? Most fighters having no fucking ground game, that's what I remember.
    Me too - you could win most of your fights with a quick double leg and an armbar from mount. Oh how things have changed
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    LOL @ Roli Delgardo in is pink singlet, dude was slick as they come.

i would love to see him fight in the UK again.
    roli delgardo thats him just looked him up on fightfinder he is 6ft 3" at feather,in pink you can understand the what is this when he walked in.
    that was 2002 how time flys

2 Sexy Co-Founder
    Has Grit, lots of it

Quote Originally Posted by Hywel Teague View Post
    Even when they started to learn the ground game, wrestling took even longer to arrive.

DROC
    "You've got a lot of opinions for someone who's not on there!"
    Michael Bisping
    "Showed a lot of grit" - Ian Butlin

I AM AFFILIATED TO MMAES

Most Memorable for me were the Extreme Brawl shows in Bracknell. Andy Jardine put on some great early shows, the one fight that stands out more than any other from that era was Alex Reid vs Mark Weir, that was a bloody war and bloody was the word, both guys were firing away in a stand up slug fest no guard just swinging from the fences as they were so fatigued.
    Rich Austin

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    Chris Ballard going into a trance then smashing fools with his spinning kicks etc
    It shames me to say it, but I'd almost forgotten about Chris. Thanks (no sarcasm).

Quote Originally Posted by graham cooke
    gconn and graham day going balls out for 3 rounds and the eventual winner day puking in his trophy as he left the cage
    That fight was awesome - probably the most exciting fight I've ever seen live.

On top of what others have said, and going off on a bit of a tangent, I personally remember the bizarre feeling of security I used to get upon arriving at Cage Rage at Caesar's Palace in Streatham Hill, having just got off of the bus from Elephant and Castle. It was really weird. 'Aah, I've survived the journey here, thank %&$# - here's the nice, peaceful cage fighting at last!'

I have very fond memories of Chris Ballard we used to work the door together in Reading and I can assure you that he could do those spinning kicks equally as good in a pair of tight black trousers haha. RIP
    Rich Austin

Default Mb 2

MB 2 memorabilia

Bacon v Murray

Milward v Cooper

Fernandes v Weir

F

Christ, I'd forgotten how small that place was!

I think that was my first show.