Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The old days of UK MMA

Lovely, Yet Evil
    Beligerent Forum Dictator

The GConn fight as mention was a fucking war! What a fight.
    Nicholson Vs Sandy still gets me emotional
    McVeigh getting that armbar in the last few seconds at Extreme Brawl and watching Doolan murdering someone.

Not to mention having chats with Jenkins as hes fighting.

For me, what I miss most about the old days, is when we used to go to the aftershow at the hotels etc at CW/ FCFN events.

The usual possie of MMA fans having a drink, a laugh and loving the violence. Off the top of my head: Me, Dougie, Kainer, Andy, Marty (tiny), Doc Oct, Droc, Butlins, Aaron, Kerr, JimB, Cartel Massive, Fisher, Sledge, Gary, Rob, Cherry, Pie Eater, Ross, Grant, Darren, McVeigh, Dinkys, Kav, Roach, spenna, David, Nakedchoke, Shawn, Leigh R etc etc (Ill prob add about 20 names to this later.).

I look forward to catching up with you guys (Not that any of you gits understand me)

I'm still telling stories of the craziness

I don't know if the newer fans still get the same buzz. But when I first got into MMA it was new, exciting. It felt like our sport. The secret ninja society or something lol.
    Last edited by Godders; 19-06-2008 at 12:35 AM.
    Blow job is better than no job

Voted "Most Sexiest Poster 2003"
    Voted "Most Evil Poster 2004"
    Voted "Most Absent Poster 2007"
    Voted "Joint Sexiest (Male) Poster 2008"

were those SFUK shorts in one of those pics??

Quote Originally Posted by capoeirajeff View Post
    does anyone remember the riot at the country club in essex??
    something to do with dexter if i remember correctly hahahaha
    the bouncers were fooooked so they pepper sprayed everyone hehehe
    I was there for that. Fucking crazy night. My memory in general is hazy as best but I thought it was due to the Alex Reid v Lee Murray fight? Alex was holding on to the ropes for dear life when Murray was trying to take him down. Was going on for ages and the ref did nothing. I think someone punched the ref and then the woolich massive jumped up then so did the other side and then all hell broke loose.

Dexter did fight that night (if this was in fact the same night) Against Val the Russian.

Phil Gildea & Jeremy Bailey!!!!!!

Phil's Dodgy Adidas Shorts!
    Team War4Sure, Full Time MMA Gym In Gravesend, Kent

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

I didn't think it was the greek dude who did the Voodoo. I'm pretty sure he was a Brazilian guy, can't remember his name, but he was Eder Chagas' (my old BJJ instructor from the Tokei) instructor from Brazil.
    you are correct, i should of used a full stop lol.

i wish thinks were like the old days lol, everyone getting along lol. (well most)

As for the Bailey fight from what i can remember Jeremey was stood over williamson and soccer kicked him in the back and got DQ'ed John was rolling around pretending to have a broken back or whatever
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

mark. I've never seen it either

I think Darrin Richardson had a copy but never got round to lending it to me and im not in touch with him anymore. Not sure if even dougie has a copy of this?? I'd love to see it though. Want to see how i managed to get out of that armbar which he had on for what seemed like 10minutes!!

Old Event Reports from SFUK

Photo Archive from SFUK Pics from seminars, ring of truth, ironman, MB etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tapsalot View Post
    I didn't think it was the greek dude who did the Voodoo. I'm pretty sure he was a Brazilian guy, can't remember his name, but he was Eder Chagas' (my old BJJ instructor from the Tokei) instructor from Brazil.
    James
    According to the label on the pic it is Edmilson Alves (the recipient is Warren Berry).

Quote Originally Posted by graham cooke View Post
    mark. I've never seen it either

I think Darrin Richardson had a copy but never got round to lending it to me and im not in touch with him anymore. Not sure if even dougie has a copy of this?? I'd love to see it though. Want to see how i managed to get out of that armbar which he had on for what seemed like 10minutes!!
    ha ah yeah i remember that! my fight with chris when on for 14+ mins i was foooked.if anyone one has a copy of cagewarriours ganwarily please let me know..i will gladly pay for a copy!

dec 2002.
    Last edited by mark.aldridge76; 19-06-2008 at 10:11 AM.

Keith Dace slamming people with one hand !!!!!!!!
    Scary strength

Andy Foremans flamming brick chopping down in Fareham.