Dave Turton
    Dee (she posted some random shit)
    'RickyCA'
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Jogs D

I edited the link. It should work now

So, why are things so boring now then??

Really, nothing much actually happens nwo days, no falling out, no jihads, no nothing.

Things seem old and stale.

If this is progression i dont like it nor do i want it.

lol @ no falling out!! That happens nearly every day normally resulting in forum fights being arranged (granted none of these fights have actually happened YET -but i hope they do!)

good call hywel on sws fantasy nHB. they were cool
    also widge another good shout.... whatever happened to RMS with his awesome videos! I reckon him and Jay should get together and make a "fight movie"

Droc

I had pix but sadly lost them I'm afraid

I remember when Dave Turdon came on the boards with all his name dropping etc etc about training at the Snake Pit in the olden days and in the end he got savaged off the members and fucked off!!

RMS was a character and a half as well!

F

boxingbrit

lol, RMS was quality.

'Voodoo' : I seem to remember Leigh nearly getting Ricky 'Ninja' Salhan with it on Cage Rage.

Fights:

My fav's were McVeigh/ Mcleod, Geddes/ Nicholson, Kascha/ Cooper

London Shoot's show was extreme force but it was neil mcleod that fought ninja salhan not Batten. Very quick fight, mcleod caught a roundhouse took him down. They scramble and neil catches him with a triangle/armbar combo.

Think the old school memory thread needs more love for mcleod. Any more stories there? Or more importantly anyone got footage of his first fight with mcveigh?

Sam,

boxingbrit

I think Batten had been lined up to fight him but then it changed. Or was he going to fight Leigh? Fuck knows.

It pains me to say it but i think the old Ultimate Combat shows were the best from a fan perspective. Always good atmosphere, full crowds and decent fights from the undercard to the main event with good foreign and home grown talent.

Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    Droc

I had pix but sadly lost them I'm afraid

I remember when Dave Turdon came on the boards with all his name dropping etc etc about training at the Snake Pit in the olden days and in the end he got savaged off the members and fucked off!!

RMS was a character and a half as well!

F

Give Dave T his due he was one of the few from that generation of martial artists (the guys now in their late 50s and early 60s who pioneered stuff like full contact karate, cross-training, RBSD etc) who tried to get involved in the development of MMA...and he never misrepresented his relatively passing acquaintance with the Snakepit. He was alwasy very clear that he only trained there for a matter or months