Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do UK pro MMA fighters earn?

Default How much do UK pro MMA fighters earn?

I've heard some conflicting reports about this and I was wondering if anyone knew.

Until recently I had assumed that it was a well paid profession at the top, but I have heard that some of the Cage Rage headline fighters get as little as a grand for a nights work.

Is this correct?

What do the American guys earn?

I've also heard that it's not as much as you'd expect.

unfortunately, by and large they just about break even on training costs
    Attached Images Attached Images

no matter how much any of us earn, it's not enough after all the training, time and travelling we do.... never mid the sacrifices.
    The Machine

To think what these guys put themselves through for as you say 'Peanuts' is really quite sad.

I didn't expect their earnings to be on a par with boxing, but I had no idea the gulf in pay was so big.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MACHINE View Post
    no matter how much any of us earn, it's not enough after all the training, time and travelling we do.... never mid the sacrifices.
    When will this change?

I can see it discouraging a lot of people from entering the sport.

Of course most people start out of love for the sport, but in the real world the bills need to get paid.

It's unfortunate that these guys cannot get just rewards for their efforts.

Is UK MMA getting healthier, or is it's popularity waning?

I'm of the opinion that the UK fight going public will never fully appreciate the groundwork aspect of MMA, and because of this I'm unsure of whether or not MMA will ever fully become mainstream in this country.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    What do you guys think?
    I think 2/10 for this troll effort

Quote Originally Posted by THE MACHINE View Post
    I would like to know what the 'drive' is? Bearing in mind all the injuries, sacrifices, time away from family, pre-fight pressure etc - what makes you step in that cage time and time again?

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post
    I think 2/10 for this troll effort

Please point me to the trollage in my posts thus far?

tbh i dont think its a troll ian...

I've been following MMA for roughly two years now. I have been training in submission wrestling for approximately 5 months with a view to competing in the new year. I have boxed as an amateur for a number of years in the past, and I am now begining to take my training in groundwork very seriously indeed.

I am not as knowledgable as many of you on here, and I won't pretend to be. So if my questions come across as odd, naive or just plain stupid then I'm sorry about that.

But I am most certainly not a troll.