Thread: Muay Thai arm bands - why?

Question Muay Thai arm bands - why?

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the place to put this post. I was thinking that the bands helped with preventing fatigue so guessed "Weights, Conditioning and Nutrition" was the right place.

Why do Muay Thai fighters wear those arm bands? They seem fairly tight and i guess hold alot of blood in the arms. Does this help prevent fatigue?

Any Muay thai people here willing to shed light?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by phillips321 View Post
    Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the place to put this post. I was thinking that the bands helped with preventing fatigue so guessed "Weights, Conditioning and Nutrition" was the right place.

Why do Muay Thai fighters wear those arm bands? They seem fairly tight and i guess hold alot of blood in the arms. Does this help prevent fatigue?

Any Muay thai people here willing to shed light?

Cheers
    The armband is called a Kruang Rang which means "ring of charms" its partly a superstitious thing and partly a thai tradition.
    Looking for K-1 Kickboxers ALL Levels 26th Feb

The armband is also used in Muay Thai as part of a grading syllabus within Muay Thai gyms. white, yellow,green, blue etc

As kickboxingidiot1 said they are worn by fighters as a " charm " and they tend to be given to fighters by their instructors and trainers, but they are optional not mandatory in the ring.
    Danny 'The Snake' George
    "When someone tries to force themselves upon you, then have to impose yourself upon them and doing so, you whooping they ass." - Rampage Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Cha$e View Post
    The armband is also used in Muay Thai as part of a grading syllabus within Muay Thai gyms. white, yellow,green, blue etc

As kickboxingidiot1 said they are worn by fighters as a " charm " and they tend to be given to fighters by their instructors and trainers, but they are optional not mandatory in the ring.
    iv done muay thai for 2 years and never done a grade, would like a little armband tho

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    iv done muay thai for 2 years and never done a grade, would like a little armband tho
    Not a necessity within Thai gyms but some do stick to the BTBC syllabus and thus offer gradings. I think SIMTA do have a grading syllabus as well not too sure if they are the same criteria though.

BTBC syllabus
    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/phraya-pic...ai/grading.htm

Like i said it is not a mandatory requirement to have armbands within m
    Muay Thai and many fighters don't actually have "approved" grades but it gives people something to aim for.
    Danny 'The Snake' George
    "When someone tries to force themselves upon you, then have to impose yourself upon them and doing so, you whooping they ass." - Rampage Jackson