Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: American Football - Anybody Follow/Watch It?

how much did you pay if i can ask?
    Fight Like a Theif, If You See a Window Go Through it, If Not You Gotta Break A Door Down..

Pain Is Temporary ---- Pride Is Forever ----Never Quit

Quote Originally Posted by K3YM4N6 View Post
    how much did you pay if i can ask?
    100 ea. - same as last year.

Actually was a little more: F**king ticketmaster and their booking fees.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Inchbyinch View Post
    Already got my tickets for the game at wembley this year.
    Same, went last year to, can't wait.

Loving it! Jets won the first play-off game last night!!! Not sure when the last time the Jets got this far in the play-offs was but it must have been a long time ago. Only have sky sports 1 so I've been having to watch all the Jets games online using dodgy streams but oh well it's worth it.

I'm not even going to mention the big game at the end of the season in fear of jinxing them. They've only one it once and that was at Super Bowl 3 back in 1969.
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

i like the boston badasses.

Jets won again last week despite being big underdogs and are in the AFC Conference game tonight, if they win that then they're in the Superbowl. Tonight they're playing the Indianapolis Colts who are considered the best in the NFL, they only lost 1 game all season and that was to the Jets, however the Colts had already qualified to the play-offs when they played the Jets and so rested most of their best players.

The Jets are huge underdogs in this game at odds of about 4/1. I don't know why I've suddenly become some sort of preacher.

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Ben can you give me a little run down on the rules, i kind of get the jist of it but whenever i watch it im always pre occupied browsing a book or paper.

I cant be bothered researching the rules but if you just mentioned a few basics that would be suffice mate

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    Ben can you give me a little run down on the rules, i kind of get the jist of it but whenever i watch it im always pre occupied browsing a book or paper.

I cant be bothered researching the rules but if you just mentioned a few basics that would be suffice mate
    The scoring is a little bit like rugby

3 points for a field goal (aka. a penalty in rugby)
    6 points for a touchdown, 1 point for the kick afterwards.

American football is all about getting 10 yards, you have 3 attempts to gain 10 yards, this can be done by either throwing the ball or running with it.

The first chance at gaining the 10 yards is known as '1st and 10', if they decide to run with it and gain 5 yards, then the next play is '2nd and 5', if they then throw it and gain 2 yards then they're '3rd and 3', lets say they then decide to run it and the player gains 20 yards then they'll have the ball further up the field starting at '1st and 10' again from wherever the runner got to before being tackled.

A team can lose ground on their plays though, for example if they're '1st and 10' and the defence tackles the player with the ball 2 yards behind where they started then the offense's next play will be '2nd and 12'.

However if the team fails to get the 10 yards then they will tend to either punt the ball away leaving the other team with bad field position or kick a field goal if they are close enough to the posts.

If a player drops the ball and the other team pick it up then the other team get the ball from wherever he dropped it. Also if one teams quarterback throws the ball and it's caught by a defender on the other team then the other team get the ball.

I think that pretty much covers the basics, if there's anything about that that you don't quite get then just let me know.

- Stephen Dillane

Edit: Ben beat me to it.
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

on my way home now to watch th echampionships game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]