Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Football - Anybody Follow/Watch It?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Hutch View Post
    The scoring is a little bit like rugby

3 points for a field goal (aka. a penalty in rugby)
    6 points for a touchdown, 1 point for the kick afterwards.

American football is all about getting 10 yards, you have 3 attempts to gain 10 yards, this can be done by either throwing the ball or running with it.

The first chance at gaining the 10 yards is known as '1st and 10', if they decide to run with it and gain 5 yards, then the next play is '2nd and 5', if they then throw it and gain 2 yards then they're '3rd and 3', lets say they then decide to run it and the player gains 20 yards then they'll have the ball further up the field starting at '1st and 10' again from wherever the runner got to before being tackled.

A team can lose ground on their plays though, for example if they're '1st and 10' and the defence tackles the player with the ball 2 yards behind where they started then the offense's next play will be '2nd and 12'.

However if the team fails to get the 10 yards then they will tend to either punt the ball away leaving the other team with bad field position or kick a field goal if they are close enough to the posts.

If a player drops the ball and the other team pick it up then the other team get the ball from wherever he dropped it. Also if one teams quarterback throws the ball and it's caught by a defender on the other team then the other team get the ball.

I think that pretty much covers the basics, if there's anything about that that you don't quite get then just let me know.
    Cheers mate appreciate that

am a Indianapolis Colts fan ma self

All about the Rams.
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Jak-TapouT- View Post
    All about the Rams.
    LOL that's like a football fan saying "all about Accrington Stanley!"
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Mate - i've been a Rams fan since i was about 10.

I got the piss taken outta me so bad when i used to play American Football lol.

I know they are shit, and still support them = FAN
    Could you say the same about Pats fans?
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

Absolutely gutted

And f*ck the pats!!! scum!!!!!

You gotta get respect for supporting a team that never wins anything

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Superbowl time!!!!

Come on the Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Stephen Dillane

Good game. Well done the Saints. Thought it was definitely going to be the colts night at the end of the 1st.

gutted the colts never won, well done saints

I read bens rules, AND watched the game. And Im still confused. I got the jist of it, but not entirely. Good game though, Im surprised they showed it that early, normally you have to stay up until like 5 in the morning to watch B-ball or American football games.

Maybe if i watch it a bit more i will understand it.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies