Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future MMA Stars at the Olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Silver in the world championships eh, that aint too shabby, I'll be looking out for him then. Also believe he beat Broughton in MMA!
    Yes he did, read my previous post ^^^
    I love hitting people, its one of my favourite past times!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntonM View Post
    Yes he did, read my previous post ^^^
    lol, you're okay.

what wrestlers do we have at the games

Quote Originally Posted by THE MOSS View Post
    what wrestlers do we have at the games
    Unfortunatelly we dont have anyone competing at freestyle og greco roman wrestling

Unfortunatelly we dont have anyone competing at freestyle og greco roman wrestling
    U sure dude? I heard no earlier than y'day that there is at least one wrestler away to represent GB...i could be wrong but my source is a reliable one..he told me the guys name but i cant recall it at this present moment..

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    U sure dude? I heard no earlier than y'day that there is at least one wrestler away to represent GB...i could be wrong but my source is a reliable one..he told me the guys name but i cant recall it at this present moment..
    Check this website http://www.olympics.org.uk/beijing2008/TeamGB.aspx

Its got all the competitors and the sports we in. I cant see any for wrestling!

Check this website http://www.olympics.org.uk/beijing2008/TeamGB.aspx

Its got all the competitors and the sports we in. I cant see any for wrestling!
    fair point!!

i was assure y'day that GB had guys going..maybe he got it wrong..i dont kno..

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I don't usually get too excited by the Olympics, apart from the Boxing and a couple of other bits and bobs, but I'm looking forward to watching out for any Judokas or Wrestlers who might be aspiring fighters.

It would be great to see an Olympic style Martial Arts event run in a similar way.
    mma will never ever ever get to olympics.Judokas and wrestlers are top level fighters not aspiring fighters. Some Judokas and wreslters would make awesome mma fighters some wouldn't. Craig Fallon is in the judo squad and Alex owen Subbed him with a triangle in 1st which is an excellent result. Any judoka or wrestler wanting to take up mma would need to train mma to compete at a high level.

r well, i know theres some guys from y club in manchester tipped for 2012...maybe then a.

http://www.olympics.org.uk/beijing2008/Schedule.aspx
    heres a schedule of the games, looking forward to watching the wrestling but knowing the bbc the coverage will prob be shit.
    Last edited by THE MOSS; 09-08-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    mma will never ever ever get to olympics.Judokas and wrestlers are top level fighters not aspiring fighters. Some Judokas and wreslters would make awesome mma fighters some wouldn't. Craig Fallon is in the judo squad and Alex owen Subbed him with a triangle in 1st which is an excellent result. Any judoka or wrestler wanting to take up mma would need to train mma to compete at a high level.
    Yes, no disrespect meant to any Judokas or Wrestlers. Of course they must be top level to be there in the first place. But what kind of career is it? I wouldn't have thought they get enough sponsorship (apart from an elite few) to quit their day jobs.