Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good sports pyschology books?

I liked In Pursuit of Excellence by Terry Orlick and The Grappling Game Plan by Lloyd Irvin. Got a lot of good information from those. Wrestle to Win! by Beasey Hendrix was ok too as it's grappling specific.

Lloyd Irvin's CDs were interesting but basically covered what's in the book. Just got sent some Paul McKenna Sports Performance audio files but not listened to them yet.

Although CDs and books can be useful the best psychological advice I usually get is directly from other people. Speak to your coach.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Nathan,

If u dont mind me asking...where did u get the 'Grappling Game Plan' material? Is it a book and audio material?

How much did it cost?

And was it worth the in ur opinion..

Thanx..

Dave Jackson
    Wolfslair Coach

Give Vinny a call on 07955 439234. His seminars are awesome.

My ex said .."You love MMA more than you love me" .....The truth is I love Points Karate more than I loved her!

Get into LOADS AND LOADS of street fights. By the time i was 22, i counted over 100 streetfights

In audio
    Tony Robbins (good for life confidence in general)
    Paul mccenna (its hypnosis)
    Gold Medal mental work out. Its totaly for combat/high intensity sports.. Used to olympic judokas, and wrestlers. ITs from a polish dude. I have it on disc some where. Also has a book.
    The New pyscho Cybernetics.

Loads of NLP deals with this realy
    Insert whiny message

Possibly Killed Micheal Jackson

Cheers guys! Will look into them.

Think I'll leave the street fighting though

the street fighting will help alot! now im like...a fights a fight? right? ha
    Be like water my freind........

Ok then, I'll go out into Lancaster tonight and see how many I can start

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Nathan,

If u dont mind me asking...where did u get the 'Grappling Game Plan' material? Is it a book and audio material?

How much did it cost?

And was it worth the in ur opinion..

Thanx..
    It's a package of a couple of books (a basic sports psychology book and a workbook of exercises), a set of CDs (basically covering what's in the books) and a DVD (Mike Fowler on his competition gameplan).

Can't remember how much it was, but it was expensive.

I got it from Lloyd Irvin. You had to pre-order it at the time, not sure if you can get it anymore. I've seen the workbook and CDs online to download a couple of times so you might be able to find some of it.

A lot of the information is available elsewhere and it's not perfect but it's specific to combat athletes and I did learn a lot from it. Worth the money? I don't know, but it was good and very convenient getting it in one package.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    In audio
    Tony Robbins (good for life confidence in general)
    Paul mccenna (its hypnosis)
    Gold Medal mental work out. Its totaly for combat/high intensity sports.. Used to olympic judokas, and wrestlers. ITs from a polish dude. I have it on disc some where. Also has a book.
    The New pyscho Cybernetics.

Loads of NLP deals with this realy
    All good stuff.

Can't believe I missed off Gold Medal Workout for Combat sports!
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

I could do with something on cd or maybe a podcast to listen to while driving or running maybe, I seem to take information in better that way.I don't mind spending money (not loads though) as it's something I need to sort. I mean,I'm not after being a pro or anything,I just want to be the best I can be,and it appears to be holding me back right now.

Does it for us **flex** piratebrido's Avatar

Watch out for all the paul mckenna hocus pocus jibbery jabbery.

Ask Leigh, he doesn't have self confidence issues!