Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul "Semtex" Daley Headed Stateside to Fight for EliteXC

Default Paul "Semtex" Daley Headed Stateside to Fight for EliteXC

Paul "Semtex" Daley Headed Stateside to Fight for EliteXC
    by ChrisNelson on Aug 12, 2008 9:51 AM EDT in News

A month ago, ex-Cage Rage Welterweight Champion Paul Daley went against the express wishes of Cage Rage parent entity ProElite and competed on rival UK promotion Cage Warriors' July 12th "Enter the Rough House 7" card. To further stir the pot, the always verbose Brit spoke out against both Cage Rage and ProElite regarding what he perceived as a lack of respect on the part of both companies.

Now 30 days removed from his first round knockout of previously undefeated Slovenian prospect Bojan Kosednar, we've learned Daley's punishment for biting the hand that feeds: a spot on EliteXC's September 20th "Return to Showtime" event and, should he emerge victorious, a guaranteed shot at newly-crowned EliteXC Welterweight Champion Jake Shields:

Right now Im training my ass off. Im always a slow starter in training camp, but I'm in my rhythm now, informed Daley. I leave for Holland this weekend for two weeks of training camp out there with Mike's Gym and Melvin Manhoef before going to the U.S.A. and training with my secret weapon.

I beat this guy (on Sept. 20), I will no doubt be fighting for the EliteXC title next! stated and emphatic Daley.

In the same interview with MMAWeekly, "Semtex" says he can't name his opponent for September 20th as of yet, but that it's "most likely against an undefeated ex-IFL fighter." (No unbeaten IFL welterweights spring to mind...) Also, while the man clearly doesn't need a whole lot of work on his striking, it's scary to think what kind of Thai boxing skills Manhoef could instill in him. Any guesses on his "secret weapon" in America? Considering Daley's weaknesses, my money's on him putting in some time with ATT or Xtreme Couture.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

boxingbrit

Great to see Elite XC punishing hime like this. lol

Just kidding, good luck Paul. I predict a knockout (n.b Not a riot)

good luck paul.
    whats the secret weapon

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

good lucksemtex, show them yanks how its done fella
    Meh...........

training with manhoef , fook that

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxGuru.com View Post
    training with manhoef , fook that
    Trained with Melvin a few times, always a great and painful experience, I feel i come back from Holland that little bit better every time, in ability and mind.

The secret weapon, is a person, Not a camp. A training buddy of mine, who will do well in preparing me with future EliteXC fights (when i get past the Sept 20th dude) Looking forward to it.

I must also say that Pro Elite have spoke to me harshly and we have Ironed out the problems that my statements in the lead up to CWFC ETRH 7 may have caused. I've always stated Pro Elite are good people, and have always treated me real well.
    Team: ROUGH HOUSE (bushido-mma.co.uk/mikesgym.nl)

Ultimate Gladiators 2:- The Truth. Coming soon

Sponsors:-www.semtex.tv www.maximuscle.com/paul www.ultimate-gladiators.com

Managed by:- Wad Alameddine
    Mob:+44 (0)7939 100 750
    Email: wad@fight-management.com

Thats not what you told me.
    Andy Lillis, Former Cagewarriors President

Quote Originally Posted by coventrywarrior View Post
    Thats not what you told me.
    lol troublemaker

Nah really Pro Elite are good people.

Good luck Semtex !

And Pro Elite are very good people. Apparently Andy Lillis even e-mailed J. Lappen to ask if he is ok because of the high turnover they are experiencing. Personally I think Andy was trying his luck for a job out there.

Anyway Semtex i'm sure they were happy with the amount of publicity you got for them whilst fighting on our show
    Last edited by iandean; 12-08-2008 at 10:19 PM.

MMA.TV anf FIVEONCESOFPAIN.com (?) Seem to think my Opponent is Undefeated ex IFL fighter Lyman Good...Hmmmm, Let wait and see.