Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you Nando's?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBerry View Post
    half chicken hot, peri peri fries and corn on the cob. Sorted!
    As above with garlic peri-peri on my chips and 10 x hot chicken wings to share with who I'm with (sometimes some coleslaw too).

Shit I'm fat!!!

boxingbrit

i dont like anything hotter than the lemon and herb. Its nice with the garlic sauce and sweet potato mash

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hirst View Post
    It's NOTHING like Marmite (which on a side issue I think is awesome). Marmite typically polarises opinion fairly equally... Nandos is universally loved by everyone save for a small number of small, scaly termites who can't appreciate the value of reasonably priced and well cooked chicken.
    I second the marmite motion, and ok bad analogy. I'll make my mind up after training on saturday me and the missus are going for dinner. i can't wait to try this sauce extra spicy.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Sorry for the long-term bump, but I finally went to Nandos tonight. A new one opened up in Lothian Road, Edinburgh, and my manager somehow managed to get a hold of some tickets that gave free meals. I was expecting it to be a shit KFC type clone, but it was a really nice restaraunt and the food was great.

I got an extra hot half chicken with corn on the cob & piri-piri fries, and a chocolate cake thing after. About 6 of us went up and had roughly the same thing with maybe 4 drinks each, and never paid a penny, result!

A guy who had been before was telling me how I'd never be able to handle anything above hot - he said there was no way - but I thought that the Extra Hot even with a good extra splash of the sauce was about as hot as an ice bath in a particularly harsh Siberian winter. I was disappointed with that, but it still tasted really nice, and was free so I wasn't going to complain lol.

I'm going to take my tobasco sauce into work tomorrow to see if he'll put even a tiny bit on his finger and have a taste, as I put that on just about everything and if he thought that that Nandos sauce was hot, he'll probably shit himself on the spot as this must be at least 10x hotter!

Nando's (and KFC) is everywhere in Pretoria. A meal (Half chicken, chips and a drink) cost me about 4. i went about 7/8 times in two weeks. South African Nando's FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    Sorry for the long-term bump, but I finally went to Nandos tonight. A new one opened up in Lothian Road, Edinburgh, and my manager somehow managed to get a hold of some tickets that gave free meals. I was expecting it to be a shit KFC type clone, but it was a really nice restaraunt and the food was great.

I got an extra hot half chicken with corn on the cob & piri-piri fries, and a chocolate cake thing after. About 6 of us went up and had roughly the same thing with maybe 4 drinks each, and never paid a penny, result!

A guy who had been before was telling me how I'd never be able to handle anything above hot - he said there was no way - but I thought that the Extra Hot even with a good extra splash of the sauce was about as hot as an ice bath in a particularly harsh Siberian winter. I was disappointed with that, but it still tasted really nice, and was free so I wasn't going to complain lol.

I'm going to take my tobasco sauce into work tomorrow to see if he'll put even a tiny bit on his finger and have a taste, as I put that on just about everything and if he thought that that Nandos sauce was hot, he'll probably shit himself on the spot as this must be at least 10x hotter!
    im a massive spicy food eater too and am always an extra hot nandos sauce person.
    sometimes it does seem hotter than others though and personally find it hotter than tobasco (which i dont find very hot at all). but then im eating nandos in a completely different country

extra hot chicken wrap, spicy rice with extra hot sauce poured over the top can start to burn your taste buds after a while.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    Nando's (and KFC) is everywhere in Pretoria. A meal (Half chicken, chips and a drink) cost me about 4. i went about 7/8 times in two weeks. South African Nando's FTW!
    didn't they invent it?

i have a south african mate here who raves about nandos and said that they were the first country to open one.
    i know it certainly didn't come to australia until a few years back, can't remember when it arrived in the uk as there wasn't one in my area.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

The peri peri spice is native to Africa, so yes mate its very possible that nandos, since its a restaraunt only cooking peri peri chicken, and them sorts of dishes, that it did come from Africa.

We got ours a good few years back in the town centre, i only went there for the first time after seeing this thread

Extra hot half chicken, peri peri chips, corn on the cob and a refillable coke (which gets refilled at least 5 times) because i dont drink fizzy drinks through the week so on saturday when i go after training, since its my cheat day, i indulge.

Love nandos. Thank you Africa.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

I always thought Nando's was Portuguese? Although a mate was telling me it was South African as we tore into our Chicken platters, in the first Nando's open'd in the u.k(Ealing Common)

It might be mate Im just saying the peri peri spice originated in Africa. So I was just saying it could be from there. You might be right fella, I'll have to google it
    Last edited by ross90; 02-03-2010 at 05:01 PM.