Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MMA gyms in Preston and Leeds

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Sorry guys, I can't and don't want comment on SBGi's politics or rules. I have had a discussion with Karl and because there is a possibility that his fighters may get matched against some of our fighters at some point, he would prefer it if our guys didn't train at his clubs.

It's not a problem, we've always encouraged our guys to go to other clubs and try them out, train with other people and learn from another instructors perspective, but not everyone is as happy to do this. That's fine and I fully understand SBGi's stance on this, which is why we ameciably(sp) agreed to not train at SBGi gyms.

Please don't turn this into an SBGi politics thing, is was meant as a simple reference to our guys not being able to train at Lisa Higo's.
    Last edited by ReD_mIst; 25-08-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Default mma preston

there is an mma gym in preston, new ish club,from memory they train tuesdays. one of their lads, steve nightingale, got a bronze in the caged steel interclub u65 kg. not sure of how the club is organised but i have trained with a couple of the lads there and anyone who goes will get good sparring.

ultra flex gym, Unit 2, Shelley Rd, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston, Lancashire PR2 2DB
    Tel: 01772 887999

if they have trouble getting any info i'll pm you steve's mobile once i ok it with him.

Ashton on Ribble is a bit far from the uni as its in the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro17 View Post
    Ashton on Ribble is a bit far from the uni as its in the centre.
    jesus, how close does it have to be? i know students are lazy but a mile or two.........

Possibly Killed Micheal Jackson

It's not that far! Plus there are tonnes of buses that go that way. Or they could always cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Fast but dim View Post
    jesus, how close does it have to be? i know students are lazy but a mile or two.........

same city but a couple of miles........like I said isnt that close.

True Spirit are a nice bunch of guys, they have some decent fighters there as well now. I used to train with Mabs years ago, been meaning to go down there and see the new gym but haven't had time yet...

I think that's about it as far as Leeds goes?

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

I teach on a wed night in leeds. Clinch and submission. Pm me if you want more details. No attitude or ego and my students records speak for themselves.
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'

Default MMA Preston

Of course there is mma in preston

get them to check out either

The Master Class Centre Montjoly Street (off london road) www.masterclasscentre.com

Ultra Flex Gym Unit 2, Shelley Rd, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston

Both are 5 mins walk from uni campus depends what they are looking for

Been meaning to go to Dave's place as well come to think of it...

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"