Hi All,
For those of you who already know me, please excuse this introduction. For those that don't, my name is Gareth Johnson and I run the DKJ Martial Arts Gym in Gosport, Hants.

I am looking to generate something new for my members, and potentially yours. We are lucky enough to operate out of our own premises, and all be it not the biggest in the world, it is more than functional. We have held several interclubs (stand up only) already and just last weekend held our first, new style Grapple and Strike (I used to call it Kick Jitsu for those who know what that is) rules matches. This was a huge success and we have received some very positive feedback from everyone that competed.

We plan for these events to be held on the second Sunday of every month, this will enable everyone to gain some valuable experience and hopefully offer them a bit of practice before competing at a higher level. As well as the Grapple and Strike rules we still encourage traditional stand up matches in Kickboxing, K1 and Modified Thai rules, all at interclub level. (no winners or losers)

I won't list all the details now, if you are interested in hearing more, please visit my website www.dkjmartialarts.com and click on the 'Grapple and Strike' tab. Or just email, or call me and I will be happy to explain the rule system and how we can enable your members to compete.

The next event is Sunday September 14th from 2pm. Im not trying to claim this is a new thing, just trying to get it out there that for those who like to stay active but not compete on shows, there is something going on as around this area there is a severe lack of clubs that actually network and work together, but I am here and wanting to work !

Does anyone else do this kind of thing as we would be happy to travel and compete?

Thanks

Gareth