Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No headshot events

Default No headshot events

Apart from Grapple & Strike, any other decent no headshot events people could recommend?

I thought of mmaleague, but their website is down, at present.

Realistically I'm thinking about 2009
    No natural ability, no skills, no conditioning, no hope...no quitting

I hate the no headshots events ....sort of defeats the object of fighting...next we will have people saying "ahhh not my bad arm"

Depends if you think getting KTFO is a good idea or not. Not sure it defeats the object though - we already codify combat in so many ways. Think of it as a grappling match with some striking allowed.

Personally I think it's a good place to start and learn, although I fully accept it is a big difference from full rules.

gonna test you jiu jitsu for sure my fren
    and then make judstments befor real vale tudo

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
    .....Think of it as a grappling match with some striking allowed.

Personally I think it's a good place to start and learn, although I fully accept it is a big difference from full rules.
    Excellent post, I think you are spot on. Without head shots it is indeed grappling with some strikes allowed... rather than MMA.

With that in mind, you might get a better response from putting your thread in the Grappling sub section?

stop trolling red misty
    even stupid brazilian like me know wot you up to

There's also the Combat Sports Open League in Hereford.
    They run an event very similar to the Grapple and Strike event.
    http://www.mmauniverse.com/organisations/SS659

Quote Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
    Depends if you think getting KTFO is a good idea or not. Not sure it defeats the object though - we already codify combat in so many ways. Think of it as a grappling match with some striking allowed.

Not slating it red ..ive just seen so many guys fold when making the step over ....it gives false confidence ...thats just my opinion......i just think if you wanna fight you gotta know what its like to get hit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel benn View Post
    Not slating it red ..ive just seen so many guys fold when making the step over ....it gives false confidence ...thats just my opinion......i just think if you wanna fight you gotta know what its like to get hit.....
    Absolutely - it is a big gap from full rules.

I always thought "combat grappling" was a good name for it