Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medicine Ball

Default Medicine Ball

Where's the cheapest place to pick one up?
    For 5% off your MyProtein order use discount code MP12275

Get a guest pass to a big chain gym and take a large bag....

....or try www.newitts.com

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreSportsTraining View Post
    Get a guest pass to a big chain gym and take a large bag....

....or try www.newitts.com
    LOL... Abdul Mohammed is the master of that technique.

I made one out on old basketball. I cut a small hole in and filled it with sand from the kids sand pit. I patched it back up with an old inner tube and the 'cement' from a puncture repair kit, and then taped it with gaffer for good measure.

Mind you, it's about twice the weight of any other med ball i've used! But Hey!, not complaining, just training!

Question Which bouncing medicine ball to buy? Video revelation!

Hi I am new here and I am not allowed to start a new thread so I am replying to this one.

I am posting here because I sent the following email to some fitness equipment websites here in Britain looking for some sales advice and I have got a deafening silence in reply. So I am wondering if the collective wisdom of this site can advise. Thanks. Here's the email.

Hi,

I am looking for a bouncing medicine ball. One that is hard-wearing and heavy-duty so that it can take a lot of bouncing off stone walls, concrete or stone-paved ground - that kind of thing.

The weight I am looking for would be around 5.5Kg or 12lbs. If having to choose between 5 or 6 Kg, I will go for 6Kg, particularly if the 6Kg is not too much more in price than the 5Kg. If the 5Kg is way cheaper I might consider that.

Now there seem to be quite a few different makes on the market XLR8, TKO and so on.

I was wondering what the best way to make a hard-wearing medicine ball is so I was looking on the internet for information.

Now I've really got concerns about the durability of rubberised hollow medicine balls because I saw a video on YouTube which shows someone from Si-Boards throwing such a ball up and it breaks in two on the ground. They were promoting their solid polyurethane bouncing medicine ball which they say doesn't break.

They do a 8.5 inch diameter 12lb ball which looks good to me. But that is a California company and I don't know if they deliver to Scotland for how much or if someone else in Britain can supply something similar over here?

Here is the video.
    "Si-Boards Medicine Balls Exercises"
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=guQfO0oD968

So which bouncing medicine ball is best and why? Who can provide the best ball at the best price including delivery to Scotland?

Peter Dow,
    Aberdeen, Scotland

I personally wouldnt want a medicine ball that bounces like that! Imagining doing ball slams then getting a 12lb ball twattin you in the face!

This is a pretty cheap store.

I plan to make my own at some point!

Yours,
    Beev

Quote Originally Posted by Beev View Post
    I personally wouldnt want a medicine ball that bounces like that! Imagining doing ball slams then getting a 12lb ball twattin you in the face!

This is a pretty cheap store.

I plan to make my own at some point!

Yours,
    Beev
    Well I like my danger in small portions. I'd NEVER get into a cage fight for example.

I have been exercising by bouncing a basket-ball as hard as I can and the closest it came to my head was when it knocked my baseball cap off. The chances are I would instinctively move my head and at worse receive a glancing blow. But a warning is fair enough - the video from Si-Boards did give a warning too, so I can't say I haven't been warned.

I can't imagine that exercising with a bouncing medicine ball is more dangerous than say skiing. But if you know of someone who was never the same again after being hit by a bouncing medicine ball then do tell.

I'd like a bouncing medicine ball to make the exercise more interesting and to encourage whole-body movement and agility.

I have asked about the Jordan medicine balls on sale on that site - yes they are cheap but I was told that they don't bounce.

at my gym we have one of theose little rebok trampolines where u can do sit ups with medicine balls then throw it at the tramp and catch it again
    so how about a normal medicine ball but getting a cheap kids tramp and modding it

We got a 5kg rubber med ball from CLF distribution. Not sure if they do retail or if you have to be a member to view their site, but here is the link

http://www.clfshop.com/product.asp?m...&sku=6433&nav=
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!