Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Problems

Default Weight Problems

I'm pretty badly overweight.

Been jogging 5k on the treadmill every night for two weeks now.

I've put a couple of lbs on.

I feel stronger. Every night or two I try to do my 5k a little bit faster or put a slightly higher incline on, but is it normal to put weight on?

I feel stronger than I did, so I'm going to try to up it to 8k in a few days.

Your muscles might be storing more carbs and threfore more water since oyu have started excercising explaining the weight gain.

OR

Your eating too much.

Post a diet and we can advise. For fat loss diet is way more important than excersise.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I'm pretty badly overweight.

Been jogging 5k on the treadmill every night for two weeks now.

I've put a couple of lbs on.

I feel stronger. Every night or two I try to do my 5k a little bit faster or put a slightly higher incline on, but is it normal to put weight on?

I feel stronger than I did, so I'm going to try to up it to 8k in a few days.
    you could be putting muscle on, or your diet could be crap, and your eating more calories then you burn off.

I don't have a strict diet that I stick to, but my average day is something like:

Alpen for breakfast.

Lunch in work is usually an egg/cheese sandwich and pork pie/cheese and onion pasty (not ideal but I may as well tell the truth on here).

Dinner my girlfriend makes lovely meals with chicken, loads of veg, potatoes, etc. Nothing really unhealthy but probably big portions that I could cut down on.

Any advice is gratefully recieved.

I am no way an expert but to lose the fatty weight I was carrying I ate little and often (this is key as it keeps your metabolism burning) so smaller portions but more frequently. Make sure its balanced but keep carbs to about 70-80g a day, stay away from pastry and other foods that contain saturated fat but good fats that are found in eggs and nuts/seeds are obviously required by the body.

I trained 5 times a week mma - I am currently having a break from this training and have found that weights 3 times (4-5 sets 8 reps minimum on every excercise) and jogging for 6-8 km 3 times a week and the odd swim.

Hope this helps I found that it is all about your diet (you are what you eat and all that)

neil.

i would try and replace stuff your eating with lower carb / healthier alternatives , make up a lunch box with raw spinach/beetroot stuff like that , eating bulkier veg will make you feel full but wont make you fat

Thanks guys.

Just ate a load of fish pie, potatoes and veg. Stuffed like a fucking turkey now. From tomorrow I'll have half sized portions, but more often.

Just got to wait til this is digested now and then go and do my 5/6k.

I'll be starting either BJJ or Krav Maga soon, but need to burn some fat first.

Muchos gracias.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports-Select.co.uk View Post
    Ditch the potatoes.
    You know what, I knew that already from boxing in the Army. What a fucking idiot!

Spuds are off the menu, along with delicious, sexy chicken skin.

Is Alpen alright? Got a feeling I've been told in the past it contains a lot of sugar.

Meh, chicken skin isn't as bad as all that.

I'd go for scrambled eggs, or an omlett with toms,onion and peppers instead ot Alpen. Alpen ism't great. Most cereals suck monkey balls.