Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who loves cock?

Quote Originally Posted by MR C View Post
    im crap with computers mate.Can someone please confirm to Basillick that I am of mixed race (black and white)
    There you go mate

Insert whiny message

Cheers Dutchman couldnt have put it better myself.Lol
    sponsored bywww.kernelpoweruk.com[url]
    www.greenfightingmachine.com

So you're mixed race then. Not black.

Read my posts on this thread ,never said I was black mate
    sponsored bywww.kernelpoweruk.com[url]
    www.greenfightingmachine.com

Racism is subjecting a person or persons to less humanity (in whatever form) because of their race.

If a black man ridicules another black man's ethnicity, or if a white man ridicules another white mans skin, then this would not be racism, but it is still offensive.

However, the risk may not be so much the black or white man infuriating his fellow race - it is more likely to fuel the ignorant black or white man observing - that it is acceptable to refer to the other race as (insert offensive term here). Stands to reason that I see, using a term or title for person of same race is not so much dangerous against a person of same skin, but is dangerous because it is likely to encourage a potential observing biggot - to actually be a bigot.

Secondly - I'm finding it hard to type exactly what I mean - so apologies.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

disagree - as you assume all 'black' and all 'white' to be the same
    this isnt the case - just look at the tribal wars in africa for starters, or ethnic cleasing in the balkans, under the above youd say that wasnt racist but look at say the tutsies and hutus - to the casual observer they were both 'black' but happily butcher each other because of tribe/ethnicity

but essentailly prejudice is prejudice... race is one of the reasons for your prejudice, the other may be sex, or religion etc or a combination, hell even down to a football team you follow or the colour of your hair.... the actual 'act' of prejudice differs (i.e to attack someone physically is wrong for any reason -is it worse because of race or because of religion etc?? in my opinion its equally as wrong whatever the reason)

is picking on a kid because they are small or have glasses any worse than doing so for racialor religious reasons??? (to someone bullied they would argue its equally as wrong as being picked on because they were black/white/asian etc...)

anyway its all too complex a matter and we could be here for life discussing

so lets all - and to quote Ghandi - "be the change you want to see in the world"
    Last edited by Yak; 18-09-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    disagree - as you assume all 'black' and all 'white' to be the same
    this isnt the case - just look at the tribal wars in africa for starters, or ethnic cleasing in the balkans, under the above youd say that wasnt racist but look at say the tutsies and hutus - to the casual observer they were both 'black' but happily butcher each other because of tribe/ethnicity

but essentailly prejudice is prejudice... race is one of the reasons for your prejudice, the other may be sex, or religion etc or a combination, hell even down to a football team you follow or the colour of your hair.... the actual 'act' of prejudice differs (i.e to attack someone physically is wrong for any reason -is it worse because of race or because of religion etc?? in my opinion its equally as wrong whatever the reason)

is picking on a kid because they are small or have glasses any worse than doing so for racialor religious reasons??? (to someone bullied they would argue its equally as wrong as being picked on because they were black/white/asian etc...)

anyway its all too complex a matter and we could be here for life discussing

so lets all - and to quote Ghandi - "be the change you want to see in the world"
    Nice post Yak.
    I think I copped out a little because I didn't have the patience to explain everything I thought about racism etc - in that of similar to your explanation - it is from the same seed as prejudice. I don't think hating somebody because their skin colour is "worse" than hating somebody because they are short - it just so happens that the race/religion prejudice has historically had more consequence so we view it as taboo and don't challenge it for what it is.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.