Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resistance tube/bands

Default Resistance tube/bands

Does anyone know anything about these bits of kit? On the surface of it they look ideal. I do a lot of travelling for work and spend easily 50% of my working week out and about often having to stay in hotels etc. Something like this would be great to have in the the overnight bag at all times so that I could do something productive whilst away from home.

The query really is which one should I get (or multiples thereof)? And where is the best place to get these badboys from?

Any help appreciated

Be carefull what you use them for. My mate convinced me they be fine for resistance when doing shoots!

Lasted about a minute before the handle snapped. Broken bit of plastic propelled into my back at about 100 miles an hour. Not the best

I wouldnt recomend the handled tubing for shoots, get the giant elastic bands.

Have a look here: http://absolutegolduk.com/shop.html

Email Alex if you need advice.

I would suggest a #1,2 and 3 exercise band for a guy doing normal workouts.

If you plan on doing shoots and the like, you will probably want a pair of 2's and 3's.

The tubing is also useful for lower resistance work and rehabilitation.

What to get really depends on what you plan on using them for.

I've been using them for my rotator cuff injury and they brill fair play. Got some green and ble bands but need to use 2 of each.

Cheers for the info guys. I ordered one today to see how I get on with it. They are pretty cheap from Alex's website, so if it does the job I will order a couple more.

By the sound of things it wouldn't hurt for me to have a couple as I would like to be able to do full body workout when I do overnighters.

Default Resistance bands and other kit

Hi Guys,

Check out this video by the guys at The Strength Company, www.thestrengthcompany.co.uk using resistance bands and other MMA related kit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkuz4JqZwIw (watch in high quality)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Gold View Post
    I would suggest a #1,2 and 3 exercise band for a guy doing normal workouts.

If you plan on doing shoots and the like, you will probably want a pair of 2's and 3's.

The tubing is also useful for lower resistance work and rehabilitation.

What to get really depends on what you plan on using them for.
    Just ordered a beginner set from your website Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    I've been using them for my rotator cuff injury and they brill fair play. Got some green and ble bands but need to use 2 of each.
    Do you hold on to either end circle your arms behind your back, then back again? I love that as a stretch. Once you get real good at it you can start using a towel instead.