Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Here

Is very important around here MikeyL's Avatar

Default New Here

Hey Guys

Just thought I would pop a thread up to say alreeet.

The usual stuff people post about themselves;

Been a fan of MMA for about 2 years, got watching it through a mate and very recently started training at Teeside Thai Club with Jamie T and Nathen B (the club now has a name, something begining with a 'G' but it escapes me). Im really aweful (seriously) and regually get my arse handed to me in rolling/sparring but im enjoying it so I keep coming back for more.

Like to say cheers to Jamie and Nathen for being really good teachers/masicists. If anyone is thinking about giving it a go in the area come down its ace.

Funny fact: My work has asked if I need to 'talk to someone' due to the bruises on my arm...

Also does anyone get DOMS after doing deadlifts? Its every workout for a least 2 days in my lower back.

Cheers

Hi there mate.

I just recently started at Teesside Thai Boxing Club also, went last wednesday for my first time and did a thai class then MMA class, and its fair to say I didnt stop aching till saturday! Wanted to get there tonight but I had a pretty pathetic fall off my bike over the weekend resulting in quite a bit of bruising on my shoulder. Anyway... I agree, the instructors are great and have a good structure to their classes, would recommend it to anyone!

Bit hardcore doing daves Thai class then MMA, im to unfit (read fat) to do that mate. I neally spew doing Bas Ruttens work out without doing Thai first!

Ha, well I thought i'd just try them out together, big mistake! Going to work out which days I can get there next week with doing them on seperate days, definitely not fit enough to do them both on the same day just yet, especially if it leaves me in agony for an extra 3 days. How long have you been going there? And do you do any thai classes as well?

Been there about 2 months mate, dont do the Thai class as I cant make it with work, would like to though, would really help my stand up

Awww aren't you nice Mikey !! Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah mate doms from deadlifts are very common. The more you do them you will get used to them and won't be as sore as with everything new you force your body to do.

I remember the first time I did them, did too much too soon and was sore for over a week ! I also tore my sa joint in my lower back doing them with piss poor form...not good.

Giz a shout when ya doing back and I'll take ya through them mate just to make sure you're form is good etc....

Also it's nathan thats the masochist not me !!! I think he has wet dreams about putting neck cranks and peruvian neck ties on people.

Tell me about it! Think I spilled his pint once and I've forgotten about it...

welcome aboard , watch out for " Basilisk" leader of the fagwit clan who hails from the planet mongoloid in the cuntoidian cluster

sounds like a lovely bloke...

or woman ( no one knows ) as he - she doesnt tell anyone who she / he is