Thread: How to get a fight???

Default How to get a fight???

How to get a fight???
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me get involved with getting a fight, i've checked the up and coming mma competitions and it seems that there are no women involved...
    I'm looking to start fighting in feb/march time If anyone could help me get involved it would be much help.
    I'm female, 21 years old 63kg (could be 60 if required), 14yr judo experience 2 months mma (so in feb/march 6months). yet to have a fight! And would be happy to fight someone with more experience than me.

Contact me!
    Last edited by coolkate; 08-10-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Send a fighter cv to the promotions or get your coach and/or manager to assist you.

State your name, age, height, age, weight division, style, team, location, MA/MMA experience, any other info e.g. Other MA tournaments you won.

Also do you wanna fight amatuer or go stright in as a pro. Some shows will probably only want you if you can make a certain level, others make want local fighters for ticket sales, or will want to set you up to pad a hometown hero.

To be fair trying to break into the fight game should be treated like getting a job. I get quite a few people emailing me with such gems as

"I wanna fight on your show, thanks"

Then forgetting to leave their name or any other details.

Same goes for any fighter in the game.

But good luck nevertheless

Hey,

Thanks kainer for the advice, explains a lot! If you do have some show early next year where you need a female to "pad" some hero's fight It'd be good to get myself some experience before thinking of going pro...

And tanswell I'm based in Cardiff at the moment.

Surely your coach should sort this out for you?
    www.vtjiujitsu.co.uk - Part of the Bristol Alliance

Wiltshire's Strongest Person 2008

House of Pain Bantamweight British Champion

Rally driver extraordinaire!

as leigh said....

are you independant or with a judo team?

Quote Originally Posted by coolkate View Post
    Hey,

Thanks kainer for the advice, explains a lot! If you do have some show early next year where you need a female to "pad" some hero's fight It'd be good to get myself some experience before thinking of going pro...

And tanswell I'm based in Cardiff at the moment.
    Contact Mike Swambo, His details are on www.theafl.co.uk the fights are under amateur rules (no head shots on floor) its a good show and he should be able to find you a fight by March.
    The event is in Newport so not far for you to travel.
    Where have you been training?

Not sure but Peter Mcqeen has had women on in the past might be worth having a look at his shows if you would travel to the North East

mmatotalcombat.com
    Learn from your mistakes and the next obstacle will be easier than the last

we all have a right to our opinion so voice it

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

email heath gait at mmawales@aol.com
    he runs the grapple & strike shows in nantyglo which are only 40 mins drive from cardiff