Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: BJ Penn vs Anderson silva ‘aint gonna happen’

Default Dana White: BJ Penn vs Anderson silva ‘aint gonna happen’

Quoteworthy:

“If GSP beats BJ then you’ll see Silva v GSP — possibly at a catch weight. But if Penn beats GSP there’s no way I’d let him move up to 185lbs, no way. He’ll f***ing fight, argue and cry about it but there’s no way – it ain’t gonna happen, I can tell you that right now – it ain’t gonna happen.”

UFC President Dana White is all about a superfight between welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and middleweight champion Anderson Silva sometime in 2009. Of course, St. Pierre — who next fights lightweight champion BJ Penn at UFC 94 on January 31 — and Silva — who fights Patrick Cote next week — both more than likely need to win their next bouts for that to happen. Great idea and a colossal moneymaker. But here’s where it gets a little weird — White says he will not let Penn — a former welterweight champion who has competed against light heavyweights in the past — fight “The Spider” if he bests “Rush.” Penn has said numerous times that he would like to hold every belt in the UFC, but according to an emphatic White, it’s not going to happen. White is right in that Penn will more than likely raise a stink if he is not allowed to fight Silva … as he should be. It doesn’t make much sense. Hopefully, White will elaborate on the thought process in the near future
    Adam Clowrey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.mma-supremacy.co.uk
    Mixed Rules MMA and Hybrid Kickboxing

out of order imo, winner deserves a shot at catch weight end of

It's obviously hype... when BJ beats GSP he will say:
    'no you cant fight Silva, blah, blah'

Then BJ will be all over TV saying I wanna fight Silva, etc, etc and then Dana will come on TV say 'I have a huge announcment' that will probably be action figures or some shit. And then he will say 'I have another big announcment' and it will be some shit about Japanese TV.
    (Danas big announcements are always minor)

Then Sherdog or some site will say Silva and BJ Penn is on... Dana White will say 'BJ and Silva is on' about a week later. They will then fight and Dana will say 'I didnt want this fight to happen... blah, blah'

"When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

Not taught by Wizards

I understand why, because Penn will deffo hold all 3 belts, and then he is pretty restricted on title headline fights if they have a UFC event every month or so like they have been doing for the last few years, Penn just wont be allowed by the commision....

yes, Penn is that good, he can hold all 3 belts, and still have time to save the world

He won't hold all three belts if Silva is a catch weight fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    It's obviously hype... when BJ beats GSP he will say:
    'no you cant fight Silva, blah, blah'

Then BJ will be all over TV saying I wanna fight Silva, etc, etc and then Dana will come on TV say 'I have a huge announcment' that will probably be action figures or some shit. And then he will say 'I have another big announcment' and it will be some shit about Japanese TV.
    (Danas big announcements are always minor)

Then Sherdog or some site will say Silva and BJ Penn is on... Dana White will say 'BJ and Silva is on' about a week later. They will then fight and Dana will say 'I didnt want this fight to happen... blah, blah'

BJ chokes him...

the end

The possibilites of these combo's are superb.

But a BJ Penn carrying an extra 30lbs of weight (most of which could be fat) would really hamper his already dodgy cardio.
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Valour5 View Post
    The possibilites of these combo's are superb.

But a BJ Penn carrying an extra 30lbs of weight (most of which could be fat) would really hamper his already dodgy cardio.
    no doubt but a catch weight would mean anderson cutting a lot at a late stage in his career (he has been down low for rumble on the rock). So it may balance out slightly.

BJ lost to Machida before at 205ib's BARELY, so I think Silva would be a decent fight. Fuck, imagine if BJ beat GSP, Silva, Machina (as 205 title holder), lmao.

I suppose he'd probably wanna have a go at Randy then

lol BJ vs Lesnar

pride make it happen