Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee - Help... types???

Default Coffee - Help... types???

Hey guys,

I have only just started drinking coffee, so when I ran out of my dads 'Nescafe Gold' stuff today I went to the shop to get some more and I was shocked and confused by the variety of words and labels infront of me.

Some said 'gold', some said 'rich', some said 'smooth' and tons of other stuff... What is the difference for example from rich and smooth?

I have no idea... was hoping someone would help me out here!!! Also any recommendations would be good...

I went for Kenko Rich and it is pretty damned nice
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

P.S. I like white coffee

Coffee makes me ratty. Can't beat a cup of tea, with full fat milk and 2 sugar.

go for the filters you put on top of the cup (tesco finest really good)

really strong so only need a couple a day

worth a try for the sake of a couple of quid

Black no sugar only way to drink it!

I go for the columbian from Tesco's Finest range its an instant so i take it to work they number there coffee from 1-5 5-being the strongest. A 5 is strong but taste's of proper coffee nice with a little milk!!!!!
    To learn from the past if to prepare for the future

To live in the past is to have no future.

do people actually like the taste of coffee? i always assumed it was just a habit people fell into, as coffee tastes like shite imo. Although oddly i like coffee sweets and tia maria.

I really like coffee with milk and sugar before or after training, tastes good.

But black with no sugar its disgusting... :P

Possibly Killed Micheal Jackson

Nescafe and instant coffee tends to be made with whats called the "robusta" bean- its the low grade stuff and is mixed with a lot of ingredients to make your general nescafe.A few better blends are available but they give me stomach cramps.

If you want to try some decent coffee,that is made with the arabica bean.Its higher quality and tastes much better. All you need for a great coffee is a cafetiere and some decent filter coffee and you'll notice a difference.

I feel generally odd after cheapo coffee but love a decent one,and make my own espressos with a really simple stove top maker.

I am a coffee geek

Drinking decent coffee actually has health benefits, think it helps guard against heart disease and all sorts (got some info somewhere on the health stuff)

I feel generally odd after cheapo coffee but love a decent one,and make my own espressos with a really simple stove top maker.
    You're such a girl...

Possibly Killed Micheal Jackson

I know It's great being a girl, you get away with doing things such as that!